CLS55 AMG caught me and my turbo lagging

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
So I was cruising around last night taking the missus out to Target, when this guy in a black car pulls up on the passenger side. At this point...make and model was unknown...I had my wife with me so I was not set to kill.

The guy starts chating us up about how he likes the Grand Nationals...cool cars........does that have twin turbo's, nice car, etc. etc. etc.
I'm still not clueing into the make and model he's driving, but I did notice he had too much hair gell and was wearing some fancy leather mittens. This should have tipped me off that this guy might try something, but I just soaked in the compliments and let him know it's a fun car and I get in trouble if I race with the wife in the car. Everybody giggles.

Light turns green and we both move along to the next light....no race...just cruising. He even fell back behind me, so I had no indication he wanted to play...and besides, the wife would give me the "what for...:mad: " if I did play....so I was still in cruise mode.

We get to the next light and the guy is quiet.
Light turns green and as I excelerate moderately, he stays alongside for the first 30 feet and then....
All I hear was that V8 going WOT as the guy takes off.

My "It's a race!!!!!" :eek: reflex kicked in and I nailed it to the floor, lost traction and watched him get up on me a couple lengths before I finally stopped him from getting further away.The CLS55 emblem seemed to be glowing in the dark.
He then cut across in front of me and went into the left turn lane so the best I could do was let the turbo poof at him as I went by while he slowed for his turn....
Friggin' Nancy Boy....Let's do that again heads up.

As my awareness that I still had the wife in the car came back to me....I tuned back in expecting to hear her verbally slapping me about the head and neck.
Instead all I hear is her laughing....nay, nay...mocking me.
"Are you happy now?"
"Did that make you feel good?"
"He beat you...hahhahahahahahaa..."
She was obviously overjoyed....why can't she get this happy when I win?

Grrrrrrrr..... my passenger side air bag has deployed and is annoying me....where's an eject button when you need it.:mad:

I took her to Target, rushed her through...got her home and then made up an excuse to go back out on my own....I needed to kill something.

Unfortunately....I could not find any prey so after an hour, I went back home and pouted on the couch next to my smirking wife while watching yet another Michael Jackson's dead documentary....I wanted to barf.

Its time to pick a new passenger for the GN a supportive one that will say time for some new fast parts.

tune tune tune, with your combo you should have raped him.

He just aint got no stickys on the back, just bald K-mart specials

but whats this i read about lag? you shouldnt be havin no lag....anyway I beat up on a charger srt8 today, and he really tried for about 60 ft:rolleyes:

Its time to pick a new passenger for the GN a supportive one that will say time for some new fast parts.

Nah...she's a keeper. She actually tolerates my car habit quite well. She just doesn't like to be in the car when I race....the speed and noise freaks her out.

The Camaro completely scares the piss out of her when I nail it. That ZZ502 through the 2" hookers, 2.5" pipes and Flowmasters is friggin' loud and it smokes the tires well into 3rd gear. The whole experience gets her screaming at the top of her lungs in her native Filipino dialect....
I dunno what she's saying...but....it's kinda funny.:biggrin: and cute....
The GN is not as loud, so it just gets her uptight due to the speed. She only speaks English when I race in the GN with her in the car.:biggrin:
This was the first time she's seen me lose, so she was having fun with me.:rolleyes:

tune tune tune, with your combo you should have raped him.

I could definitely tune more out of my combo...but....I just need to be ready...he got a jump on me cuz I wan't thinking race until I already saw his tail lights.

I also have my cat in as I get ready for smog, so that slows my spool and robs a little power.....

He just aint got no stickys on the back, just bald K-mart specials

but whats this i read about lag? you shouldnt be havin no lag....anyway I beat up on a charger srt8 today, and he really tried for about 60 ft:rolleyes:

Still true....need some new/better tires....but I think I would have embarassed this AMG if I hadn't been in screensaver mode...
I beat down an E55 AMG several weeks back.

The turbo spools slower with my cat in....:rolleyes: I'll fix that in a week or so after the smog check is done.

They are fast and pretty cool looking for a luxury car.

Tires and your turbo lag are going to drive you nuts out there so cure those issues and you'll be looking for Z06 Vettes to mess with.

Unfortunately....I could not find any prey so after an hour, I went back home and pouted on the couch next to my smirking wife while watching yet another Michael Jackson's dead documentary....I wanted to barf.
I will give you credit tho. Your stories make me LOL every time I read them. I didn't quite get the airbag comment at first LOL but the pouting on the couch comment put me over the edge.....:tongue:

They are fast and pretty cool looking for a luxury car.

Tires and your turbo lag are going to drive you nuts out there so cure those issues and you'll be looking for Z06 Vettes to mess with.

I actually got a rematch on a Z06 last week but forgot to post....one of the ones before the hood scoop...
It was from about a 30 mph roll and I put him in my rear view mirror up until about 90..then he started to gain on me so I quit while I was ahead. After the race he gave me props and told me he was working with a mildly modified 383.

I wish I had the guts to leave my GN unattended outside a Target.

I've been lucky....and stupid....

Ha ha. :tongue:

Wanna race?:biggrin:

You sure it wasn't Otto?:tongue:

Does he live in South Orange County, in So Cali?

I will give you credit tho. Your stories make me LOL every time I read them. I didn't quite get the airbag comment at first LOL but the pouting on the couch comment put me over the edge.....:tongue:
Yeah...I love her....that bi+c#.....;)

With the cat thing be careful I ran in to a mobile smog test where they were just picking cars at random to check, lucky for me was in wives AUDI its black and has a turbo. you know how those smog Nazis are here in SoCal, I to get a kick out of your stories

I hope to appreciate it half as much as you. If I can maybe I will actually keep this one.....:rolleyes: I have thrown just about eveything but the kitchen sink at this one so I am hoping for the best.

Ur stories modivate me to finish my car....;)

With the cat thing be careful I ran in to a mobile smog test where they were just picking cars at random to check, lucky for me was in wives AUDI its black and has a turbo. you know how those smog Nazis are here in SoCal, I to get a kick out of your stories

Mobie smog Test.....???:eek:
What the....?????:eek:
When did they start with that oppression?
:mad:
I hope to appreciate it half as much as you. If I can maybe I will actually keep this one.....:rolleyes: I have thrown just about eveything but the kitchen sink at this one so I am hoping for the best.

Ur stories modivate me to finish my car....;)

Glad to provide the inspiration and comic relief.

Now get 'er doooooooone!!!!:biggrin:

First time i saw them was about 4 yrs ago out in covina by citrus college, the other day was on Colima between Azusa and Fullerton and the had all but one lane closed off with CHP in the wait for anyone not willing to stop. they had the full set up with the rollors and all.
not trying to hi-jack ur post just wanted to keep SoCal Buick guys informed.

Keep the stories coming

First time i saw them was about 4 yrs ago out in covina by citrus college, the other day was on Colima between Azusa and Fullerton and the had all but one lane closed off with CHP in the wait for anyone not willing to stop. they had the full set up with the rollors and all.

Keep the stories coming

That crap drives me nuts.
No wonder Cali is broke. There's so much $ being tossed around and burned to keep the tree hugger vote, and the cost of the beaurocracy required to administrate all the insanity can't be covered.

In my job, I travel all over the world.
I've been throughout Asia and India and trust me....until these two countries get serious about controlling their polution, there aint a single measure the alarmists in the USA and Europe can pass that will make any measureable diffrerence in the amount of air polution in the world.

The reality is that all the data...real, un-spun objective data....shows that man made polution has very little affect on what used to be called global warming .....but is now called climate change because the world has actually getting colder for the last few years.

pffffffft...
I'm ranting....
Where's my keys?
I need to go find another kill....
It's gonna be a Smart car....I hate those things....they look so stupid.:mad: and the people driving them always have this look on their little razor shaped faces that says, "My carbon foot print is smaller than yours."
Blaaaaaaaah!!!!!
These are the same peope who tell me I'm evil cuz I eat animals.
To which I reply...
"Shadddup, stupid!!!!
If God didn't want me to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them taste like meat!!!"
Anyone up for a game of Smart car tipping?
You find them sitting at intersections or in parking lots, run up on them and knock them on their sides when they aren't looking then point and laugh.
It's kinda like cow tipping....but much more fun ....and the horns don't hurt.:biggrin:

Keep the stories coming

seen one here in Whittier one time on beverly blvd & norwalk i would hate to run into one with my GN no where near to pass.:mad: