Clock On

AOWE4

An Original WE4 (AOWE4),
Hi all, new to the site, so forgive me if do not follow correct protocol. My problem is that when the doors are closed, the clock stays on and drains the battery. I have had to pull the fuse to preserve the battery. Anyone know how to correct this problem?

An Original WE4 (AOWE4),
Hi all, new to the site, so forgive me if do not follow correct protocol. My problem is that when the doors are closed, the clock stays on and drains the battery. I have had to pull the fuse to preserve the battery. Anyone know how to correct this problem?

Is this is a stock or aftermarket radio. If it is an aftermarket stereo, someone has the wire out of the back of the radio marked "ignition" wired to a "constant" power source. Need to take the red wire off back of radio and wire it to a ignition 12 volt source.

highboost jumpstarting them is what blows that part in the radio. A battery is a filter, but a 300amp charger has a ton of electrical noise that fries the circuit. To prove my point, you can actually hear the buzz through your speakers if you leave the radio on while you're charging it. Best bet is to pull the dome fuse before you ever jump a car.

Thats right

highboost jumpstarting them is what blows that part in the radio. A battery is a filter, but a 300amp charger has a ton of electrical noise that fries the circuit. To prove my point, you can actually hear the buzz through your speakers if you leave the radio on while you're charging it. Best bet is to pull the dome fuse before you ever jump a car.

bingo we have a winner never charge over 40 amps and never use 200 amp rapid start or you will fry other things as well