Cleaning up engine compartment, how to delete stock engine harness?

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Well everyone I think i have decided to just all together delete my stock engine harness and build a new one that goes directly from the MS3 connectors to the engine connectors. I'm sick of dead end plug-ins, jumpers, wires going everywhere that aren't needed and such. Has anyone deleted their engine wiring before? I don't have heat or A/C so can i just remove the engine harness and unplug it's half from the firewall connector on the drivers side? I have a feeling it wont be that easy..

,Dan

I did this previous winter/spring. It is not easy, but it is doable. Depending on how much you want to delete. We ended up cutting a hole in the middle of the firewall. If you go to the electrical forum, I believe it's still in the first 2 pages. Hope that helps, feel free to send any questions!

For what im doing my delete should be fairly simple after looking into it, I have no heat and A/C (Will be going aftermarket), no cruise, no MAF, no need for the ALDL connector function or C437 connectors at all I'll just un-plug them it since I have MS3 I will be doing a vacuum brake swap. All I need out of the C100 Connector is the lighting, and then I will feed the 12v feeds in and out. So here is what I've come up with as far as wiring on the C100 Connector. All the red dots will be deleted, green will be kept, and green/red will be a new feed i run to it. Does anyone sell the harness side of the C100 or will i just need to de-pin the wires i dont need and then re-wire the ones I still need to power?

Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• C100.jpg
    C100.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 143