Cleaning the IC ?

I use industrial strength "purple stuff" type cleaner....Full strength. Fill it, let it sit over nite, dump it in a container, so that you can take a look at what washed out. Repeat as necessary, flush w/ water. On the external core, I use air conditioning coil cleaner, and air pressure. Corrosion you don't even notice can/will reduce the efficiency of the ic, just as it does on an ac coil....The stock ic was only about 58% efficient, when new. Thousands of heat cycles, vibration, corrosion, all take it's toll on that 58%....
Depending on the brand........Some of those solvents are not alum safe! Read the label!:eek:

REALLY NASTY??? Time for a trip to the radiator shop. While there they can pressure test it...You may not like the outcome of that trip!:eek:

Let me know if you need help getting the car to run. I'm in Mokena. Not too far from you.;)

Rick

Let me know if you need help getting the car to run. I'm in Mokena. Not too far from you.;)

Rick
Thanks Bro I need all the help I can get,learning the car it's self and how to get the best out of it has been a hell of a ride! But thanks for the offer I will be taking you up on that soon.

Beware of using "Purple Power" it will attack the aluminum.

I just used gasoline to flush it out, then the hose to rinse out the gas. I followed that with a bottle of rubbing alcohol to remove the water, then a blow dryer to dry it out.

~JM~

Beware of using "Purple Power" it will attack the aluminum.

I just used gasoline to flush it out, then the hose to rinse out the gas. I followed that with a bottle of rubbing alcohol to remove the water, then a blow dryer to dry it out.

~JM~

I guess I should have been more specific when I mentioned "Purple Stuff type cleaner"... My NAPA dlr has a "type" of industrial cleaner, that's made for aluminum......