Cleaning/restoring seatbelt webbing?

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
Who has cleaned and restored the seatbelt webbing? The rear seatbelt webbing on my car is really dirty and I need to do something. The seats are being recovered with new material, but the webbing is so bad they are almost not even grey anymore. Let me know what you have done to restore them. Thanks.

Seatbelt webbing

Thanks for bringing the subject up. I have been looking for a bulk supplier of grey webbing to replace mine also. I look forward to learning where one might obtain about 30 or 40 feet of the material. The bright yellow webbing that they use for lashing down freight on trucks just doesn't appeal to me. :D

Peter

I once put a set of seatbelts from a Vega in the washing machine. This was on the advice of a buddy that did it a few times. I pulled the belts all the way out of the retractors and clamped them before tossing them in Moms washer. Dry all of the water off the metal parts with compressed air and a blow dryer.Spray WD40 on the moving parts. Let the webbing air dry out of direct sunlight. Do some presoaking and scrubbing on the heavy spots if you have to. Make sure you use the cold water cycle. You can remove the plastic covers on the buckle half. It worked. I had problem with mold and mildew. They looked brand new after I was done.