Cleaning Laquer Paint

LC2ROD

What is everyone using on their original laquer paint to wash, wax and basically protect?

Anyone have any proven combos?

I use a bit of car wash soap (brand doesn't seem to matter) and since the car is rarely driven (why it still has laquer) I don't bother with wax or any sort of protection. The car hasn't been waxed since the late 80's and it looks better now than it did with wax on it.

By the way, the car looks great if I do say so myself!!!

Thanks for the info. I saw some of those links, but in addition to the info I found on there, I also read (not sure where) not to use polish on lacquer paint unless absolutely necessary as it will actually remove soem of the paint and you can cause damage unless you know exactly what you are doing. I heard that the best thing to do is wash and wax with a quality product such as Adam's Wax.

What is everyone using on their original laquer paint to wash, wax and basically protect?

Anyone have any proven combos?

I use Surf City Garage's "Beyond Clay" and "Barrier Reef Wax." The first time I used it and went to a show several people asked me if I just had the car painted. Not bad for 25 year old factory paint. And nobody ever asked me that when I used Meguiar's waxes on it.

Premium Car Care & Car Detailing Products - Car Wax - Car Polish ? Car Shine - Wheel Cleaners

I get the Surf City Garage stuff at Pep Boys.

Rob