Cleaning front spoiler-what's safe

copo

Guys, what do you use to keep the front spoiler clean and black? In the past I've used no touch tire spray or GM tire treatment. I noticed when I changed from Rust Check rust proofing to Krown, the Krown litterly made my front spoiler worp and wavy and they did nothing to correct the problem but laughed and blamed it on Rust Check rust proofing I used from 1990-2004. I told them I'd never go back to Krown and tell friends about their customer attitude. I did get another used spoiler near my area.

They sell it at Napa and most stores that carry boating supplies. Also, you can find online. I'll try and find a link for you.

Any of the better products that are designed to protect and or restore rubber, leather, & / or vinyl work best for me. Zaino's leather restorer, Adam's leather, vinyl, & rubber, etc.

Or, clean them with soap and water, and paint them with SEM #15013. It is the correct color and it is made for plastic trim. You won't be sorry. Use SEM # 15243 for head light, tail light bezels. I've used these paints and they made my parts look like new.

Are you talking about the air dams?
Mine looked bad and had a few paint "droops" in them.
I used an aerosol paint stripper made for plastics (OReillys) and found that the plastic under the paint was black already. They look fine. I put on a coat of Mother's "Back to Black" for an extra touch, but the original molded pieces look good.

chrisgarrett said:
Or, clean them with soap and water, and paint them with SEM #15013. It is the correct color and it is made for plastic trim. You won't be sorry. Use SEM # 15243 for head light, tail light bezels. I've used these paints and they made my parts look like new.

What does SEM stand for and where is it sold? Did you sand the tail light bezels a little so it would adhere better? Thanks!

SEM is a brand of high quality auto paints. The numbers I gave you match the GN perfectly. They are available in many places. Do a search. Here's one I choose at random:

http://www.autobodydepot.net/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=specialty.bbx

I only sand them to smooth them out or to remove blemishes. Sem will adhere over the existing paint. If you want or need to sand take them to parts store and let them sandblast it. I take all my stuff to my local NAPA and they do it very cheap.

In case you have some textured plastic molding such as the spoiler or bumper trim that has wax in it that you can't get out, I saw a trick on one of the auto shows on TV that said to coat the spot with wax in it with peanut butter (non-chucky) and then wash off with a little bit of pressured water from a garden hose and the wax would come right out with the peanut butter.

I use cycle care formula 4 protectant on mine. it has a higher gloss the armorall and has a nice smell also plus it isnt slippery i like to use there products ever since i bought my first bike it works just as good on cars

it is avalible from

cycle care formulas inc.

www.cyclecare.com is there site