Classic FAST changes

Renaming the folder back to Config was what it needed. I can now make AND save changes on my desktop. Thanks Cal.

Ahh, now we are getting to the bottom of this. You guys never mentioned swapping computers. The reason you can't do this is because the other computers are in "Demo Mode" and have never been connected to an ecu. Connect to an ecu once and it will be fixed. Or you can transfer your FAST config folder to your other computer and it will go out of Demo Mode.

No swapping Computers, just once C-Comp is closed and re-opened. I cannot make any chenges unless I connect back to the ECU from the Car.

Well Cal,
It will not work if I close the program and rebout. The ``Save ALL Tabs`` will not appear open.

It won't appear because ther isn't any program loaded in the FAST, yet. That requires hitting "Read All Tables" and loading a program.

Have you tried doing exactly the 6 steps I posted earlier?

It won't appear because ther isn't any program loaded in the FAST, yet. That requires hitting "Read All Tables" and loading a program.

Have you tried doing exactly the 6 steps I posted earlier?

Yes, but do you see what you said. You never mentioned that I can shut down the Computer and open the FAST and make any changes to my File after. Only if I never close the C-Comp then I can make as many changes I want out of the car. And I think is what we seem to have a mis-uderstanding.

J-B Racing, I'm sorry for getting your thread off your track. I thought we shared the same problem.
I think it would help if you describe step by step what you are doing.

Yes, but do you see what you said. You never mentioned that I can shut down the Computer and open the FAST and make any changes to my File after. Only if I never close the C-Comp then I can make as many changes I want out of the car. And I think is what we seem to have a mis-uderstanding.

Alright. After step 2, close the program and power down the laptop. Before step 3, power up the laptop and open the program

J-B Racing, I'm sorry for getting your thread off your track. I thought we shared the same problem.
I think it would help if you describe step by step what you are doing.

OK I will amke it very simple. Now we all have Files in our Laptop from the C-Comp. Right! Now if you open one of your files you can only READ and NOT Save. Because the "Save All Tabs" is not available unless you connect to the Car ECU. And from there on you can make any changes to any of your Files you have saved. Is this clear!!

It might be better if you call me when you are near the laptop and I will try and figure out where the problem is.

Joe, I think I know the problem. Please connect with your ecu and let me know what it says your ecu serial# is.

Joe, I think I know the problem. Please connect with your ecu and let me know what it says your ecu serial# is.

Cal
It would be very hard to get the number on the Box. It's tucked under the Dash with the Serial number facing the Fire wall. But I can say that it is a SEQI Classic Fast I bought New from Craig Smith less than 3 years ago.
TOOFASTFORYOU mentioned he has to do the same and I think he has an XFI. So I am confused about this a little.

Joe

That is why I said to connect with your ecu ;) I am not concerned with what it says on the back of the box. It can be found in the "ECU Configuration".

I don't have enough details to know what Claude's problem is. For some reason, I thought he had an XFI, but could be wrong since he purchased it elsewhere.

Or we can take it off line if you prefer since, if my suspicions are correct, once I get the serial number I will have to email you an option file to install in the ecu.

That is exactly what I suspected. Now the bad news, NOW I will need your ecu serial number off the back of the box. Once I get that, I will need your email so I can send you an option file that will make your ecu work properly.

That is exactly what I suspected. Now the bad news, NOW I will need your ecu serial number off the back of the box. Once I get that, I will need your email so I can send you an option file that will make your ecu work properly.

Crapshot. I will email Craig Smith just by any chance he would have the serial number off hand. If not I will remove the Box and send you the number.
Now that I went online I can make all the changes I want just as long I don't click on Disconnect.

Get back to you soon Cal.

Joe:redface:

Cal
Don't think you will be able to do much with this!!
And Craig said he did not keep any of mine on File.

Joe

Attachments

• DSC00088.jpg
    DSC00088.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 121
I think I can still get this fixed for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've lost track of the original problem here. However, the serial number being 0 shouldn't impact things. I programmed a serial number in it before I shipped it to Joe but as I recall there was a problem some time afterwards that caused the ECU to lose its serial number. I had to make a special option file just to reset it to zero!

My old(er) XP laptop died, and option files for the classic fast can't be built on a Win 7 machine, otherwise I would offer to assist however I could. :(