Classic Fast B2B ?

8urV8

Well I have a problem with my Classic Fast B2B ECM which had some how fried and before it ran like a champ. So I pulled a Classic Fast ECM out of a Mustang and installed my original program into it. The car runs and idle like champ all tables and perimeters look good but one! I wanted to run the car but some how my timing stays locked at 10* so even if I advance on the FAST and check the timing with the timing light it doesn't match up. So what am I missing? It shouldn't matter if it was off a mustang or does it? I thought that if I installed my program setup into the ECM it I shouldn't have problems. So if you guys can give me some kind of idea what the heck I should do. :mad:Just frustrated because I have a really great fully built setup and I want to go kick some asses on the streets!

Thanks,
Eric

I am by no means an expert on Classic FAST set ups but I know that different Classic FAST boxes are set up for different inputs. Some are set up for inductive pick ups and others are set up for hall effect pick ups. I am not sure if that would cause the issues you are seeing but it might be something to check into.

Steve is correct. Classic FAST boxes are ignition specific. You will notice that your FAST has a diferent part # then your buddies. Putting a crank referance angle of 10 in your buddies TFI (or IPU) Mustang will generate the results you are seeing.

I talked to someone at FAST can't remember his name of the top of my head right now(a Techinical Rep), when I had sent my ECM to be checked, and that's when they told me it couldnt be fixed. He told me that it didn't matter if I had taken it out of a Mustang. So I kept picking his brain but seem like he just wanted to get me into the the new XFI. So is there anyway that the mustang version be reflashed or does any just have the ECM for sale?

You can have it converted to a Buick ignition. I think it costs around $150. Have you considered contacting Craig Smith and having him repair your old box?

You can have it converted to a Buick ignition. I think it costs around $150. Have you considered contacting Craig Smith and having him repair your old box?

Is there a email that I can reach him at? Also who converts them Steve or FAST for $150.......I know they are considered dinosaurs but are they still workable?

Is there a email that I can reach him at? Also who converts them Steve or FAST for $150.......I know they are considered dinosaurs but are they still workable?

The Classic FAST systems are still good systems even without all of the bells and whistles that the XFI systems have. A buddy of mine has a twin turbo BBC outlaw 10.5 car that runs 4.40's(1/8) @ 178 and recently won the Tulsa NHRA Unleashed event using a Classic Fast Seq. box!

Hey everyone, that's my email address up there! Feel free to use it if you have a classic box that needs some help. What was the part number of your broken box, and what part number is the new one?