CL55 AMG Mercedes 2004

ChavoLC2

Had the pleasure to drive one today V8 turbocharged 500 hp auto with paddle shifting. Think they went for around 120K new this black beauty had 12k on the odometer. Seats fit like a glove good solid lateral kidney/lumbar support. Loved that throaty turbocharged v8 sound a lil' different then American muscle V8's or our Turbocharged V6.. Darn thing could flat get down the road handling was amazing this baby went where you pointed her and Talk about stopping power what a concept go fast and able to stop too. Love my 87 Buick GN but man what a ride I sure wouldn't turn one down if someone gave me an AMG. That is one nice Super ride a lil different then driving the Buick.:eek: Now if I can get my other MD friend to trust me and let me take a spin in his 340 Modena Spider.

i drove remeys car from unique rides, when i worked at a mercedez dealer, i beat the crap out of that car, it was the cl65 amg v12 twin turbo. My service manager asked me why the exhaust was ticking lol. Funny thing Before i got in the car he took something out in a bag, and the whole car stunk like weed and he had a 12 pack of bud ice in the passanger floor. Car is pretty sick it keeps you level in the seat around turns, some auto leveling junk that probably cost thousands to fix if broken. It was pretty fast ride though.

Love the Buicks- but the DD is a 1997 BMW 540i 6 speed manual. Not the quickest ride in town from a dig, but it's a hoot from a roll, and the handling is superb.

(...and an STS type turbo setup is in its future.....:D )

lol well i didnt like working at that dealership, because i dont work for scumbags. I dont like when my service manager is standing breathing over my shoulder watching my every move. Also i didnt like the fact that one of the service writers tried to frame me by loosening the oil stem for the filter so the customers car would leak oil. Funny thing is i took that car for a 30 minute test drive after i worked on it and no oil leak. I also have a procedure when i work on cars so its not because i didnt tighten the oil stem. My service manager aprouched me the next morning saying it leaked oil. I asked to see the car and he came up with a million excuses. She tried to set me up. The girl was being a whore, she was at the same club i was at and i told all the guys in the shop, she came up to me and said i was on her "$hit list" in a really evil nasty voice. She was really buddy buddy with the owners of the dealership. I later got fired for being late one day.

So yes if i have a chance to beat up on a really expensive car and that dealership looses a customer over it. Ill do it agian in a heart beat. Maybe i should reapply lol. The money they were paying me was not worth the crap i had to put up with and it wasnt only me they did it to, they did it to most of the mechanics that didnt kiss @ss. I dont pucker up for anyone.

You dont have to worry about me working on your car, im no longer a car mechanic. Im going to school now for my mech. engineering degree. Maybe ill be working and or designing the bridges you drive over :)

<snip> some auto leveling junk that probably cost thousands to fix if broken. It was pretty fast ride though.

That's the thing about those German cars...they're great when they're under warrantly, but what about 4 years later? I certainly wouldn't want to have to pay those prices for parts + have to troubleshoot six thousand different electronic systems.

well mercedez are easy to trouble shoot, you hook up the WDS system and you can control every electrical circuit in the car, only thing you cant do is drive the car with it. You can just about do everything else.

That's the thing about those German cars...they're great when they're under warrantly, but what about 4 years later? I certainly wouldn't want to have to pay those prices for parts + have to troubleshoot six thousand different electronic systems.

It's a car, pure and simple.

120K + miles, and the following replaced:

radiator
brakes and tires
trunk release solenoid
various bulbs

To me, it's no different than the GN-just a different car to learn, that's all.

I always wondered how much Remey made... I goess it's more than I thuoght!
Love the AMG cars too, going fast with class!

Just to note: A 2004 Mercedes CL55 should be Supercharged...not Turbocharged. They are fantastic cars and can be purchased at less than HALF of what they cost new!