CK'S explanation of air testing on the valve body once rebuild is complete

PaulRV6

In the CK manual it says to air test in the governor port and three other ports in the valve body once everything is put back together. It is suppose to test gear application. When I did these checks I hear allot of things moving but not sure if it is good or bad. This is the last check of the rebuild.
Can some one explain the significance of this testing and what I should be seeing and how do I know if it checks out ok? Thanks

paul

I'm no expert by any means but, when I rebuilt my 2004r, I performed the air checks to be certain the seals were installed correctly, which means doing the test at the proper time while observing and listening to the piston(s) engaging the clutches and then releasing them when air was removed. You should be able to look at the edges of the clutch packs and see them move. You should also not hear them leaking, as in a cut or incorrectly installed seal.
What was your question?

OK, I did all that and everything was a OK. At the end of the assembly there is more air tests done at the valve body to test the shifting. This is in ck's manual. I'm not sure what this means.
Thanks. Paul