Cincinnati area track day spring 07

If I can get my car put back together and broken in fast enough, I'm in. If not I'd probably come anyway. I'll just mooch my bro-in-law's Sy....:cool:

At this point we are waiting to hear from the track. They switched from IHRA TO NHRA and have not yet set their schedule for 2007. We are hoping to get the track 2-3 weeks after they open....allowing a little time for some 07 rubber to be laid down.

If they continue to do things as they always have in the past, their test and tune is on Saturday, so we would get the track before their normal opening hours. This allows us to run until they start test and tune, and then stick around to run with the locals. We are trying to work out 8 hours of track time reserved striclty for forced induction GM's....we have done this at Beech Bend in the past with 10 cars and got so much run time we didn't know what to do with ourselves. I am thinking we will be right around 25-30 cars for this deal, that way you get plenty of track time, but the cost will stay down.

Details to follow

I'd only attend if they pave the shut down area. My car bounced around the potholes/bumps soo much while I was trying to slow down, that I cut both tires and the exhaust was knocked loose from its mounting locale. :rolleyes:

I'm in. Shoot me a PM if you need help. I live about 15 minutes from TriState. Edgewater would be cool too, but they seem to always have a full schedule.

Scott, don't count on it. I cann't tell you when the last time they did work on that track. I have seen some 9 and high 8 second cars on that track. Would make me nervous with that nice grass strip going down the middle:eek:

Well, we finally got a response from the Tri-state team. Seems that the added safety issues of being an NHRA track have really driven track rental prices through the roof. Looks like we will be doing a normal test and tune day along woth their regular customers. We are looking at 4/21/07 We will try to get a few staging lanes reserved and talk to them about just giving us a few extra seconds to spool up at the line. I know of some interesting sy/ty trucks that will be coming and hope some of you here will bring your GN's.

Tri-State Dragway - Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's Premier NHRA Dragstrip

Please post here if you think you will be coming....

I plan on going with my 86 GN...it will be the first time at the track with it! :biggrin:

I'm in. Hopefully my car will be done by then.
EDIT: Damn, I have a wedding to goto that day:mad: :frown: :mad:

Tri-State 4-21-07

I plan to be there. I wonder how strict they will be as a new NHRA track. This is a return to NHRA for them as they started as a NHRA track then switched to IHRA. I wonder what is going on with all the NHRA/IHRA changes i.e. Norwalk, National Trails, Tri-State ??? Now there are two NHRA tracks in the Cincinnati area less than 30 minutes apart.

Mike

I'll be there if my car is back together by then. I'm sure a few from the Dayton area will be there too.