Cillector Car Insurance

GNX 153

I have received a quote for collector car insurance with Condonskelly Insurance Co. which is part of Met Life. THIS IS AN AGREED VALUE POLICY, for my GNX. As an example, I used $65000. valuation amount with 300,000 Liability, 300,000 uninsured motorist, 300,000 for under insured motorist, and Zer o deductible Comp and Collisionncoverage for about $450.00 annually. All the figures can be adjusted up or down, which will change annual premium somewhat. Has anyone had or known of someone who has,anycoverage with this company?? All replies are much appreciated. LL

I use Hagerty insurance. I have 2 cars under them for less than $500, and I live in NJ. (the highest insurance rates in the country)

They are a large established company that has been around for a while. And there online services are unrivaled. Everything can be done online once you have an account, annd new cars, adjust the agreed value price as the car appreciates/depreciates, etc.

I have received a quote for collector car insurance with Condon & Skelly Insurance Co. which is part of Met Life. THIS IS AN AGREED VALUE POLICY, for my GNX. As an example, I used $65000. valuation amount with 300,000 Liability, 300,000 uninsured motorist, 300,000 for under insured motorist, and Zero deductible Comp and Collision coverage for about $450.00 annually. All the figures can be adjusted up or down, which will change annual premium somewhat. Has anyone had or known of someone who has,any coverage with this company? All replies are much appreciated. LL

Yes, many local collectors use them including myself! :biggrin:

Got fed up with Haggerty's high prices for the same coverage, my premium is now less than 1/2 of what it was.

Their original quote when I first talked with them a few years ago was 1/2 what I was paying at the time. When I received the final policy, it was even less. Since then, it has NOT increased every year like it did with Haggerty :)

Yes, many local collectors use them including myself! :biggrin:

Got fed up with Haggerty's high prices for the same coverage, my premium is now less than 1/2 of what it was.

Their original quote when I first talked with them a few years ago was 1/2 what I was paying at the time. When I received the final policy, it was even less. Since then, it has NOT increased every year like it did with Haggerty :)

Really? I have had them (Hagerty) for 7 years with my corvette, and the rate hasn't changed a dollar. Maybe I should do some shopping around.

Agree that's a very good rate too; that's way less than I'm paying. I suppose I need to be shopping around myself as well.

I've had Hagerty also, for about 6 years & agreed value on both my cars. I recently sold 1 & replaced it with another & my premium jumped to almost 1,100 for the year, coming from 650 a year. I really liked Hagerty, but it just wasn't in my budget no more. I shopped around & got the best rate from Heacock Classic. It went down to 541 a year for the same agreed value coverages as Hagerty on both cars. Might be worth checking Heacock Classic out too: Classic Car Insurance - Get an online quote today and save | Heacock Classic

Collector Insurance

The cheapest I found is from American Collector Car of NJ. I hope this helps.

Does this sound right? Looks very low?
This is from www.condonskelly.com

Thank you for your recent quote request. Below is an estimate of premium for your 1987 Buick with an agreed value of $20,000 registered in the state of New Jersey. The limits of liability provided on our policy can not exceed the limit on their personal insurance policy and the Threshold option must match.

$ 21.20 $300,000 Liability Combined Single Limit (BI/PD) Lawsuit Threshold
$ 1.00 $ 9,000 Medical Payments
$ 32.00 $300,000 Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists (BI & PD)
$ 8.80 Basic PIP
$ 100.00 Zero Deductible Comprehensive and Collision Coverage
$ 163.00 Total Annual Premium

No, that sounds about right. I have Hagerty and live in NJ with an agreed value of 20k on a 87 GN and pay $157 annually.

Thanks for the info guys! I've been looking at switching from Progressive and everyone I check with is right about the same price.