Chrome plating

OneQuikSix

Has anyone ever used any particular company for chrome plating/dipping/whatever? I'm pondering having my bumpers rechromed due to age. I am considering having all of my other trim rechromed as well. I am trying to compare costs of chroming v.s. buying new chrome trim.

Chris:

I am getting quotes right now to get my bumpers dipped. What I have found is prices ranging from $300-$600 per bumper. All the trim items on the car are either aluminum or stainless steel, no plating on these pieces. I did send my tail light bezels away to a company in Canada to get a quote for restoration...

I will keep you posted.

Also, I checked with Buick dealer yesterday... one of the bumpers is still available, one has been DQ'ed.

HTH

Joel

Some of the items Buick still has are "cosmetically challenged." Imagine how you'd look if you rattled around in a box car for 15 years? Sorta like Boxcar Willie (RIP) I suppose...

:)

Man, thats alot of money:eek: Looks like that was all I needed to hear to convince me to finish painting it all black. Thanks for the input guys.

Chrome plating bumpers is very expensive. Also, a lot of the jobs I see are sorryass. If you can paint them, that's the way to go. There isn't much regular steel on the car to chrome anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I think that will be the way I go when the time comes. I like the way the chrome trim looks on the car, but it is in such poor shape that it would be an eyesore when the car was painted. Anyhow, just can't beat black:cool: