chrome lug nuts

nwarky

I need help locating lug nuts for my GN. I am changing wheels and as a result needed longer wheel studs. The threads are now 7/16 inch - 20. I am trying to locate chrome (black chrome is okay also) lug nuts that are 2 - 2 1/2 inches long to avoid either cutting the studs or needing to use open ended lug nuts. I have been searching to no avail in finding longer lug nuts in the 7/16 inch thread size. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Dean

what kind of lug nuts do you need? how much of the stud sticks out past the wheel surface?
you aren't going to find a closed lug nut that will cover a stud that sticks out more than about an inch past the wheel- you either need to cut the studs down or run open lug nuts.
and why couldn't you keep the stock 12mm stud size? they make extra long studs in that size.

Perhaps you have noticed that many late GM cars have open lugnuts, but accept a screw on cover that resembles a lug, also seen on TTAs. Most times they are black plastic, but GM also offers a stainless steel lug facsimile. I use the 2" studs on both my TRs, so I know they work. I don't have any pix of the stainless steel covers, but they cover the lug by screwing on and look like this.

Hi John, Sorry to get off subject, but what do you put on your tires? they look great!

I never subscribed to any particular brand of vinyl/tire dressing. Most seem to work pretty good. ;)

Thanks for the replies. Needed to switch to different thread size due to the fact that I also switched to Baer brakes and rotors which necessity the change in trying to find studs that would fit. You know, you change one thing that then leads to another, etc. I will probably have to cut down the length of the studs but I was trying to avoid that.

Dean

Thanks for the replies. Needed to switch to different thread size due to the fact that I also switched to Baer brakes and rotors which necessity the change in trying to find studs that would fit. You know, you change one thing that then leads to another, etc. I will probably have to cut down the length of the studs but I was trying to avoid that.

Dean

Baer didnt sell a brake kit that was compatible with 12mm studs? that sounds odd, since most of their stuff is based around Corvette parts.

Danno,

Thanks for the help. Problem is Gorilla doesn't make the long lug nut in the 7/16" thread size. Therein lies my dilemma.

Dean

Hmm, I'll take a look in the catalogues at work and see if any other companies make the. Gotta be able to find them somewhere.