chris ellis says turbo cars are not good braket racers??

Turbos tend to be more sensitive to weather changes since barometric pressure, humidity and the resulting changes in A/F can affect spoolup, and that effects the way the chassis is loaded as well. The Pro-5.0 guys run 100mm turbos and run well into the 6's and are pretty consistent, but not as consistent as say a belt driven blower car, since peak impeller rpm is dictated by pulley ratios, not exhaust temperature and gas flow. You need to have one of those personal weather stations and know how to use it to tune and set up the chassis. If you run in the 12's or slower, it's not going to be as finicky. You can run them in bracket racing, but it can take alot more work and know how, which has a level of satisfaction in itself....knowing you need a brain to be competitive. Not just mash the gas and go.

+1

A.j.

theo ne timei had my T Type at the track- an 1/8th mile track- on a friday night grudge night, i made 10 runs, and they all were within a couple thousandths of each other. this was done during the evening between 8pm and 11pm, with the temp dropping about 10 degrees and the sun setting during that time.
i was also able to cut near perfect lights every time- ranging between .001 and .003.
so, yes, i'd say that atleast my turbo Buick was consistent.

I'd pay to see those t/s's. 10 runs in a row with under .010 packages would be the best I've ever seen and I bracket race a lot. You should think of going on the circut. I know I would and could make a good living while having fun.

I've tried to bracket race my turbo car and like already said it's pretty tough to spool it up, cut a good light and run the same times consistantly. I only tried it a couple times but I'm pretty sure I could never get as consisant as I am in my bracket car.

I could be wrong but i think he meant .01-.03 not .001-.003
I ran 7.77 &7.78 5-7 times in a row..pretty consistent to me..I didnt spool till it was fastest..I spooled to an even 5lbs on the boost gauge & left like you would in a regular car & thats how i got my times..
as far as missing out on 1/4 mile..nah never..Ive done it..kinda boring after 8th to me...why punish the ca more with 1/4 times...what im use to i guesss

I'd pay to see those t/s's. 10 runs in a row with under .010 packages would be the best I've ever seen and I bracket race a lot. You should think of going on the circut. I know I would and could make a good living while having fun.

I've tried to bracket race my turbo car and like already said it's pretty tough to spool it up, cut a good light and run the same times consistantly. I only tried it a couple times but I'm pretty sure I could never get as consisant as I am in my bracket car.

.01-.03 is MUCH more likely.

And I prefer quarter mile.
I used to race at Englishtown NJ now I'm surrounded by 1/8 mile tracks.
I tried 1/8 a few times and it was like doing a long burnout.