Chris Chow Testing GT-42/74s Videos

Awesome videos!!! Chris certainly has no problems with making power, just a matter of keeping the car going straight that seems to be a challenge :eek:

That car is just bad.

I used to hate it,but now I understand completely that no v6 is going to compete with those kind of cars.

I know for sure that if anything happens to my new motor that destroys the block,I am doing the same thing!

It is scary I have a full stage 2 motor and one in pieces but with Richie and Otto loosing motors in the last couple months it make make me wonder if I should sell it all and build a dart block sbc.

It is scary I have a full stage 2 motor and one in pieces but with Richie and Otto loosing motors in the last couple months it make make me wonder if I should sell it all and build a dart block sbc.

A friend of mine is thinking the same thing. He's on his 4th V6 now after various bearing and headgasket issues. It's funny with the V6's. Some run great like mine with very few issues while others have nothing but problems. He uses the same machinist as I do, same gaskets, tune etc. yet his luck just sucks.

We ran his car with another new motor. It ran well and went 6.95 1/8 mile on only it's 4th pass so hopefully it will last several years. He told me though when we left the track. "One more time and it'll have a SBC in it, I'm tired of fighting it"

If we could get the bigger turbine housings you would see some new dyno videos. :rolleyes:

Dusty Bradford said:
A friend of mine is thinking the same thing. He's on his 4th V6 now after various bearing and headgasket issues. It's funny with the V6's. Some run great like mine with very few issues while others have nothing but problems. He uses the same machinist as I do, same gaskets, tune etc. yet his luck just sucks.

We ran his car with another new motor. It ran well and went 6.95 1/8 mile on only it's 4th pass so hopefully it will last several years. He told me though when we left the track. "One more time and it'll have a SBC in it, I'm tired of fighting it"

I have built a few that have ran that good,just seems to me about every third time at the track something goes wrong,usually something small but stupid like a rocker arm or something,but something.

My main Idea is how fast you could make a v8 go on pump gas because you have the extra cubes to push a much larger turbo and not to mention the extra HP and TQ that comes with those cubes.

Look at some of those turbo pump gas drags guys they are in the 8s easily.