Chip reburn needed for 204/214 cam ????

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
I just wondered if I'm 'gonna need to send my chips back to Eric if I throw a little 204/214 cam in my GN.

Anyone know how well these cams idle ?

Just curious what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance.

that cam idles like stock i have a 206/212 and there is no shake to it idle smooth, you want shake or rough idle 218/218

turbotoy

that cam idles like stock i have a 206/212 and there is no shake to it idle smooth, you want shake or rough idle 218/218

turbotoy

i dont know, my brother had the 218 flat tappet had a little lope to it but idle smooth as a whistle. every ones not the same though i guess.

they idle great . just like a stocker . untill you step on it . Pulls like Frankenstien in the mid/top. you'll run out of road before you find out the top end on that cam . took a Chevy Big Block buddy for a "nice" ride when I had that cam in my car . his remark were as follows word for word - " Holy Sh#t brother , Idles like a stocker, goes like a f#@ker " . I love telling that story . LOL :D :)

If your Eric Marshall chip is not too old... it has all the adjustments you might need. I can't imagine that just changing sticks would make the engine require a drastically different amount of fuel.....at least not enough difference you couldn't retune the chip (with Directscan or ScanMaster).....

ported heads... combined with significantly different turbo size.... or significant boost level change...... then you might need to get it tweaked.... but IMHO.... not with just a stick change.

That's 'kinda what I was thinking. The motor is too old and tired to bother pulling the heads off for port work... but judging by the oil it leaves on the garage floor every day, I may just yank and freshen it anyway. Who knows what I'll do. :D
The motor seems to hit a wall around 5000rpm... so I don't know if the valvesprings are getting tired (LT1's), the heads need ported, or if the exhaust housing could be bigger on the turbo.