Chip performance questions?

Boostisgood

I am currently using the MSD 50# injectors with the JC 93 oct. street chip with 19psi. What kind of performance would i gain by adding the higher timing 108 chip? (assuming no kr.......3 and 2 mph? curious.) Would you recommend running more boost with the street chip or using less boost with the race chip? Just trying to get ideas before i start tuning. Thanks for any help.

Although the answer to your question can be very broad, I will say that your chip is a critical component that has to be made to compliment your combination. Often this is only accomplished by making your own, or custom chip. A good example to help answer your question is a track experience we had. We went to the track, (87GN, stock IC/turbo) and had forgotten our hand tools. We only had our chip burner, so we used the evening to make 6 passes. After each pass we would make the chip changes based on the Directscan data. The ET's dropped from 12.79 to 12.30, no other changes being made. (consistent 1.7 60-foots) So I'm not sure what you'll pick up by just sticking in a "race" chip, but I hope you understand my point. :)
-Bob

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Is this with alcohol? Or should this be in the chips 101 section? You may get more responses there

I think Clay has NO2 in his GN unless he has put alchy in recently.

Clay I have this nice new chip burning kit I got from Bob :) Next time I see you we can talk about getting you tuned up. Im sure Bob can give us advice on what you need.

Dave