Chicagoland Dyno Day 4/18/09

Dyno Session with Meeting
Saturday; April 18, 2009; @ 8:00 am
P&L Motorsports - (847) 678-4311
3847 Carnation Street - Franklin Park 60131

Scott Pitts did a great job finding this place. The deal is $70.00 for three pulls with a wide band O2 sensor. We had to guarentee 10 cars and there is a 12 car cap. We will be looking for a minimal deposit. We must fill the first 10 spots before the #11 and #12 spots.

We will have slots every 45 minutes, starting at 8:00 am.

Please let me know here if you're interested.

Thanks,

Shari B.

Dyno Session with Meeting
Saturday; April 18, 2009; @ 8:00 am
P&L Motorsports - (847) 678-4311
3847 Carnation Street - Franklin Park 60131

Scott Pitts did a great job finding this place. The deal is $70.00 for three pulls with a wide band O2 sensor. We had to guarentee 10 cars and there is a 12 car cap. We will be looking for a minimal deposit. We must fill the first 10 spots before the #11 and #12 spots.

We will have slots every 45 minutes, starting at 8:00 am.

Please let me know here if you're interested.

Thanks,

Shari B.

At this new location, would they let the owners of the cars actually make the pull on the dyno? I know few guys backed out at the last dyno because they didn't want just anyone sitting in there cars with all dirty cloths. Also, most shops don't really know Turbo Buicks. They don't know your car like you do.

Prasad

Sit in the passenger seat, he will crack the gas if you signal. Bring a seat cover too...:biggrin: Can I bring a non-Buick this time...

Unfortunately, Paul has advised me of the same situation that we ran into last Dyno day. His insurance company will not allow others to do the actual pull. One of his techs will do the actual pull. If need be, I will go out and purchase a set of seat covers to rotate onto the cars that are doing the pull.

As far as if he knows our cars, I would say that he is a little more in tune with Turbo cars in general, although it might be more along the lines of the AWD setups. With that being said, I believe this will be a little more "Buick friendly" than the last place.

As far as bringing a "non-Buick"... If you are a member of the club, i would not see an issue with it. But of course, that is completely up to Shari and the other folks...

Well, I guess Scott knows best since he's the one that set this up.

We will also bring some towels, if need be.

You don't have to be a club member to put your car on the dyno. And any car is welcome.

Take care,

Shari

shari,

what is the max power rating on the dyno? i would feel terrible if broke the dyno;) .. actually, if i do dyno the car, ill make sure i bring a pushbroom and some oil dry.

Shari, you are so nice!! I will see if they want to take advantage of the day cause they cried like babies last time I waved my sheets in their faces.

Dr. Boost, I will bring the shovel and assist you on clean up duty. How about we "borrow" Brer Rabbits and The Wraths cars on that day to have a little fun...:biggrin: Maybe Duce will show up and show that ever bolt on cars have trouble making 300 to the wheels...:tongue:

shari,

what is the max power rating on the dyno? i would feel terrible if broke the dyno;) .. actually, if i do dyno the car, ill make sure i bring a pushbroom and some oil dry.

I'd tell you to bring enough oil dry for 2... but I'm not letting the shop drive it on the dyno so I'll leave it at home and just help you clean up the dyno floor.

:D

Unfortunately, Paul has advised me of the same situation that we ran into last Dyno day. His insurance company will not allow others to do the actual pull. One of his techs will do the actual pull. If need be, I will go out and purchase a set of seat covers to rotate onto the cars that are doing the pull.

I'm not letting someone else drive my car on a dyno, and the interior is the least of my worries LOL.

Few days away... Who's going?
I'm bringing a Chebby. See Sig...:(

Bummer on your GN. I won't be making it either. Don't want to let someone else drive the White T on the dyno, and have a couple days worth of work to do on the new car, but wont have time to work on it until saturday.

Bummer on your GN. I won't be making it either. Don't want to let someone else drive the White T on the dyno, and have a couple days worth of work to do on the new car, but wont have time to work on it until saturday.

I have thought hard about letting someone else dyno my car but I have to say I agree with You on this one Cliff. Something about that just spooks me.

I still want to stop by for a visit though. :biggrin:

I do not want someone else dynoing my car either. If my car blows up I want to be the one that does it. :biggrin:

You can be in the car with them. Times are changing and I can see their point on insurance. The thing that scares me is taking my car for a alignment.:eek:

Steve

You can be in the car with them. Times are changing and I can see their point on insurance. The thing that scares me is taking my car for a alignment.:eek:

Steve

I understand how you guys feel. Last year the guy said, "If you see anything wrong say the word and I will crack the gas." I was fine with that but I can understand completely. It cost you, not them if it breaks.
On the other hand, I was in the dyno room in trade school when the schools LT1 383 vortech supercharged Camaros throttle was stuck wide open due to a hose clamp in the wrong spot. The driver tried the brakes,:eek: going to neutral,:rolleyes: and screaming for help among other words.;) Our "brave" instructor reached in and killed the ignition and helped the badly shaken kid out of the car. It was a pretty scary moment, but how were we to know that even the days of lecture and training would fail at the worst time.

Guys, I can totally understand how you feel, too. Unfortunately, our hands are tied with this. From what I understand, it's going to be harder to find someone who will let you drive your own car on the dyno. Insurance companies are tightening things down all over. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Hey - when you guys come to watch, please come over and sign in, and introduce yourselves. Loyd and I woud love to meet you guys and put the names with the faces.

At least we're going to have some good weather!

I understand how you guys feel. Last year the guy said, "If you see anything wrong say the word and I will crack the gas." I was fine with that but I can understand completely. It cost you, not them if it breaks.
On the other hand, I was in the dyno room in trade school when the schools LT1 383 vortech supercharged Camaros throttle was stuck wide open due to a hose clamp in the wrong spot. The driver tried the brakes,:eek: going to neutral,:rolleyes: and screaming for help among other words.;) Our "brave" instructor reached in and killed the ignition and helped the badly shaken kid out of the car. It was a pretty scary moment, but how were we to know that even the days of lecture and training would fail at the worst time.

hmmm...maybe we have this backwards. An experienced dyno operator may be the better person to have in the driver seat. Can the owners sit in the passenger seat?