Chicagoland Buick Club Drag Racing This Sunday at GLD!

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Come one come all! I'll be there in the street GN lookin for a new best on E85! Any of you guys coming out?

If anyone needs help with anything at the track in order to come out let me know I will help any way I can as I would love to see as many turbo buicks there as we can get!

Gld

Well finally an event that I can make! I should be able to show up there on Sunday. I will bring my 87 GN. Thanks for the invite.

Busyman
:cool:

Cool my other plans fell through. I'm coming to watch. Will I have a place to park my T if I bring it? He Joe what time are you going?

Cool my other plans fell through. I'm coming to watch. Will I have a place to park my T if I bring it? He Joe what time are you going?

Yes, if you say you're with the buick club then I believe you can come park in the pits.

I may be able to make it. Car is ready. What time does the Buick club start and how much does it cost? I am a Buick club member. Thanks- Brad

I may be able to make it. Car is ready. What time does the Buick club start and how much does it cost? I am a Buick club member. Thanks- Brad

Brad, costs are as follows:

MAKE SURE WHETHER RACING OR SPECTATING YOU SAY "CHICAGO BUICK CLUB" AT GATE TO GET THE GROUP RATES:

GLD Race Fee : 25.00
Spectator Fee : 10.00
To enter the Buick Club Bracket race : 15.00

Best R/T for club race pays : 25.00
Run on your dial in for club race pays : 25.00
Pay for Winner / Runner up based on how many enter...

Hope you can make it-

Hey Butchman, I thought that the drags started later in the day. Let me double check my calendar and make sure the whole day is free. Then I will let you know.

Hold on a second there, Guys! I need to have your REAL NAMES by 10:00 pm tonight (Saturday). I have to turn these in to the track when we get there, hopefully before any of you do (except Cliff). You CANNOT just drive up and say Chicago Buick Club and get the reduced rates - if you do, the track may never give them to us again. We have to have you on the participant list at the gate. So please pm me your real name.The following is from our Race Director, Joe Garcia:

Just the usual reminders.....Enter through gate 1. JC will be at gate one with our list. Please remember to thank JC for the Buick club discount since she was instrumental in keeping it the same as last year.

PLEASE make sure your membership is up to date. If you're unsure check with Shari and if necessary get yourself up to date. With our discounted rate Sunday at GLD, you break even.

We will be qualifying on a sportsman ladder by "reaction times". Lane choice first round will be by best reaction time. To change things up a little and try something different, subsequent round lane choices will be chosen by who ran closest to their dial-in the previous round. For those mathematically challenged bring a calculator. :roll:

"Best Reaction Time" and "Run On Your Dial-In" are still paying $25 for each. (During Eliminations).

The club race fee will be paid after qualifying. Club race fee is $15, please try to have exact amount.

Points are awarded to the top five qualifiers. This will make a difference in the final points standings so go after that tree...

Now if you just want to test and tune, you don't have to be a club member for that. But if you want to try out for any of the winnings or points, you must be an up-to-date member. I know Brad is fine and cliff, but I don't always recognize screen names. I will have a member roster with me, if need be.

I'm not trying to discourage any of you guys from coming - the more the merrier! I love seeing more Buicks at the race. We usually pit straight back from the gate and to the east, near the tree line. Just look for Camper Dave's camper and a bunch of Buicks.

Sorry didn't mean to step on anyones toes. I'm not a club member. I'll leave the T home and just come and watch.

Butchman, you're not stepping on any one's toes. There were just some rules that I didn't post ahead of time, is all. You are more than welcome to bring your car out and play with us. Just pm me your full name and I will add it to the list when we get there. Please don't take offense, ok? f I add your name to the list you can park in the pits with us. Then we can all see your car!

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Butchman,
I better see you tomorrow! I need some turbo motivation and a cheering section or at least a section that will not laugh at me if I screw up. lol We will have a good day.

Allright, It is 7:40 and it is raining out. The forecast is showing rain off and on throughout the day. I'm located in Antioch, Il. Approximately 20 minutes South of the Drag Strip. Are we still on to do this? Let me know your thoughts.

Busyman

Allright, It is 7:40 and it is raining out. The forecast is showing rain off and on throughout the day. I'm located in Antioch, Il. Approximately 20 minutes South of the Drag Strip. Are we still on to do this? Let me know your thoughts.

Busyman

I looked at the rader and other than the little rain early this morning, I think the track wont see any rain again until mid afternoon after thee racing should be completed, so I am on the road now heading up from Bolingbrook-

Race Day is on!

Allright, rain looks like it is breaking up, (maybe a little shower in an hour, but we should be fine) especially later in the day. So I will be heading up there in 10 minutes.
Let's do this.

Busyman
:cool:

Turned out to be a great day! Wow, so much fun. I would really like to thank everyone that was at the track today. I learned so much from all of you. From tricks to lowering my reaction times to having a better understanding of the track and my car in general. Special thanks to Shari and Lloyd for setting this event up. Also, a special thank you to Brad for the Methanol. Otherwise I was screwed- I owe you one. I am always impressed with the high caliber members of this club.
I cannot wait to get together with the club members again. Until then... happy racing.

Busyman