Chicago Trans Builder

stugots

My stock trans didn't hold up to all my upgrades that were done .Trans fuild is burnt and the torque converter was so hot the paint bistered off it.Any one from illinios have a great builder in the area. :confused: also has anyone dropped a 700r in these cars.

trans builder

i used jimmy transmision he does alot of gns in il.i had mine done 3 years ago and had no problems.he charges about $1500.00 with a vigelante 3200 stall converter. my car runs high 11s and it has held up well.
Jimmys Transmissions
888 B Tower Rd. Mundelein IL 60060
1 (847) 949 7507

200-4R transmission rebuilds/upgrades

PM Brian....I just got a built 2004R off him and I met him half way, I live about 2.5 hrs south of Chicago. Great trans, great price and I can headrly wait for the 10" converter to get here..

ditto on brian... I got an internship in Detroit this summer, so I am having him do it then... he's very helpful and will get you set up somehow.

Go to Jimmy's

Go to Jimmy's, not taking anything away from Brian who has excellent transmissions for an excellent price, but Jimmy's trannies can hold up easily into the 11 second range and is an excellent price w/a converter.....
Steve Chambers

Trans

Go to Jimmy's. I have a 200 trans behind my Buick 462 4100lb car that runs in the 11s and I am on my third year with this trans.

Jimmys, he has some new goodies coming this year and he has to be one of the best 200 guys in the midwest no doubt.

Jimmys all the way, he has done over 25 tranny's for me and my buddies. They all are running great. Hell, my tranny in my GN is from 1992 when Jimmy build it and still running strong. Even if there is something goes wrong down the line, he will take care of you.

HTH

Prasad

Just picked up my trans from Jimmy.

Dropped it off last week Monday and he called me today to tell me I could pick it up. :smile: . Gotta love that turn around time. I mentioned this thread to him, specificly about all the positive comments from his customers and he really appreciates it.

Brian

PM Brian....I just :eek: This trans is a BRF all the way through.
Has new switches, 10 vane pump, 550 & 400 boost valves, ring kit, Alto clutches (extra throughout) and wide red band. Servo is a 694.
Shifts will be crisp and quick with this unit. 10 second capable trans. I recommend a 10 inch, or 9/11 style converter with this trans.
No brake on this one.
2004R from him Great trans, great price and I can headrly wait for the 10" converter to get here..

Jimmy no doubt.

Has done many 700's in my group of friends and did the 200 in my TTA for the prior owner.

Good guy to deal with and a lot of the Chicago Chpater guys are running a Jimmy's trans as well(like has been stated lol)

later
Jeremy

I was going to suggest Jimmy's as well, but I see you already went there :biggrin: . My brothers T is there right now and he is doing his trans for him. I have heard nothing but good things from there and good luck with it.

Hey Nastynavy is your bros car a White limited?? I saw it there today. Nice car! I had a trans by Brian.Lasted 200 miles no track times. Now it's at Jimmys.............

Yeah the white limited is my brothers car. Thanks for the compliment. It only has about 70,000 miles on it and it is his baby. Hoping nothing else goes wrong this year with it so we can have fun with it (at least until my motor is done :biggrin: )

Nasty?

Whats that writing on the rear window say? I remember reading it and thought it was pretty good! Something about V8s.

"Surgeon general never said anything about smoking v-8's" I think someone from the board here asked him to cut them a decal for their back window and he liked it and has had one on his car ever since.