Chicago gun and ammo taxes

They are trying to close a gillion dollar deficit on the backs of the middle class people. They are looking for anyway they can to get more money from us. Taxing the hell out of things that aren't necessity. That's the new train of thought.

I guess it's better than raising taxes on homes. Specially when the values are in the gutter.

RL

Taxing guns & bullets to fight gangs!?!
How 'bout issuing guns & bullets to fight gangs?
less cops needed, less crime committed = less tax dollars
taxing guns & ammo to fight gangs is about as logical as taxing
liquor to prevent teen pregnancy
"An armed society is a polite society" Robert A. Heinlein/Lazarus Long

I don't mind the gang bangers killing each other off it's just that they mostly can't shoot worth a cr*p and end up hitting innocents. This happens all of the time in Washington, D.C. apparently. People sleeping in their beds minding their own business dreaming of Christie Brinkley on her Total Body Gym (or heck, Chuck Norris if that floats yer boat..) getting hit by stray bullets from fools shooting at each other over some real or perceived slight to their manliness..

Glad I live in the suburbs..

Billy

Turbo-Archie said:
The way I see it, those "innocents" are related to the gang bangers in one way or another..

Thats stupid, so the little kid geting shot because his stupid brother became a gang banger? Is ok? ither way how many of this guys actually buy guns or bullets legaly?? Not many i dont think that would have much impact on them..

Yep... FAR too much "mean muggin" going on in Chitown....:D
The dumb biatch suggesting this, will next be contacting the gangs, asking for their cooperation!:rolleyes:

They are trying to close a gillion dollar deficit on the backs of the middle class people. They are looking for anyway they can to get more money from us. Taxing the hell out of things that aren't necessity. That's the new train of thought.

I guess it's better than raising taxes on homes. Specially when the values are in the gutter.

RL
Wait, what? My property taxes continued to increase as housing prices plummeted.

What they wrote in that article is stupid. If I lived there I would drive a couple towns away and just buy my guns and ammo in another county then that county with the stupid tax wouldn't get any of my money but I would still have plenty of guns and ammo.

As a matter a fact you can order ammo right on line and get it shipped right to your door and not pay any taxes at all