ChicaglandBuick Race June 20th At GLD, Wisconsin

Well Joe you'll have to let me know how it went... I was there early and watched 'em cleaning the mud off the track for a while but couldn't stay long enough to race :frown:

The rain was amazing out in the NW suburbs last night but it must've been 10X worse in union grove to make a mess like that!

Last I heard the scheduled start was 4PM. Did that work out????

The car and me were off but it may have been the humidity. And not having enough fuel in the car slosh on launch which pry uncovered the sump I was really low on fuel,and car shutting off at the end of track during braking. And on the last pass when I turned off the car was nosed down hill and wouldn't start until I got it pushed and near level.:rolleyes:
But had fun watching everyone else run.

Steve

Well Joe you'll have to let me know how it went... I was there early and watched 'em cleaning the mud off the track for a while but couldn't stay long enough to race :frown:
The rain was amazing out in the NW suburbs last night but it must've been 10X worse in union grove to make a mess like that!
Last I heard the scheduled start was 4PM. Did that work out????
Steve, sorry I didn't get to see you. We started our eliminations at 8:30 P.M.
Before that we had plenty of time for T&T. Finals were around 10:30. We had four cash prize winners. During eliminations Dana Andrews won the "Run On Your Dial" a 12.65 on a 12.65. Steve Else won the "Best Reaction Time" .043. In The bracket race Dave Leohnart took Second Place, and Keith Egan won First Place.
GLD did a stellar job get the track cleaned up and ready to race. The "Chicago Wise Guys", "Outlaw Super Stocks" and "Midwest Gassers" put on a phenominal show. 6 sec runs over 200 mph. It was worth being there just to watch them race. The GLD staff couldn't be nicer. By the way Steve, since you didn't get to race keep the receipt and they will honor it at our next race there. See ya later...