Chevy show disguised as a "Car Show"

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
So a friend of mine from college tells me that some of his friends are having a first annual car club show. He says I should come out and enter and it would help get the numbers up of entries and it was a newer club and any entries would help. I had nothing better to do so I ran out into the garage, ran the mini vac through the interior with a once over and popped
the hood for a quick shine and then wiped the previous weekends burnout slag off the rear fenders and headed of to the event. Well, the only other car in the year class as mine was an 1990 Iroc Z. It had some kinda aftermarket wheels some louvers (how lame), a few chrome parts on the stock TPI motor. The car had something like 90,000 miles on it. Some aftermarket sticker on the back glass, like a big bow tie lookin thing. To say the least I have an idea that this wasn't 1 of 1555 if you know what I mean. But as I found out real quick, this was a bunch of Chevy guys. Not a stang or ricer around even. Just little ol me with a weird v6 powered firebird. Not so much as a minor inquiry as to the background of the car or anything. The guy with the Iroc z won his trophy. But oh, the gods of revenge smiled upon me moments after. When leaving this parking lot, right in front of the crowd that just elected the other F-body more worthy than mine, got to feast their eys on one hell of an embarrassing a** kicking. He got the trophy, but I got satisfaction in the form of about 10 car lengths. Haven't seen that car around since. :D

lol nice! It's ashame but the TTA does not fair well at most shows. You have the Pontiac people who hate it because Pontiac put that horrible Buick V6 in there. Or you have the people who think it's a GTA and walk right past it. It is nice every great now and then someone will come up and actually thank me for showing the car as they like them and never get to see one in person. I honestly could give a rats a$$ about winning a trophy at a car show, (I just threw out about 50 trophy's) but it pisses me off when a turd wins over something that deserves it. It's all about the car and not what name is on it. The worst for me was this one big show they put me in "special interest" class and a Ghost Busters wanna be thing, pos, and rotted out Caddy won over my TTA. As you said.. the nice part is when you leave the show. Every car in the show is in the rear view mirror real quick! :D

I see alot of all show and no go cars win at shows. Guess that's why they call them a show.;)

eh, it sounds like a kinda informal show by a bunch of college kids... you can't expect the judges to be that knowledgeable. plus, it sounds like you were kind of an "outsider"... they were all probably buddies with the mullet-mobile guy. oh well, way to educate them about the best f-body ever made!

When I had my LC2 powered Iroc 'vert in a show, there were maybe 2 people that noticed and said anything......

Congrats on the kill, revenge is best served cold:D