Chevelle running badly but still "killed "two GN's.

Redrum

I was out at Pacific Raceway with billsgn today and I must say he is REALLY a class act.

I was running poorly but still had a chance to line up with two GN's. Same results with them ending up looking at my taillights by the end of the 1320. I did have to chase them both down as I was running on my Goodyear Eagles and didn't even change the tire pressure.

I would have killed them even worse but on all three runs against GN's I had the car fall on it's face for a second to two second for reasons uinknown to me.

Bills GN actually took time to help me sort the problems out and was a great guy to visit with too. He actually tried to help the driver/tuner of one of the GN's I raced but the guy was rude and basically told Bill he didn't need any help. Kinda ironic that Bill was helping me and I am grateful and a GN tuner wouldn't listen!

billsgn - thanks for the input on my Chevelle falling on its face at the 1/8 mile for a couple of seconds. Tried raising the float levels but that did not turn out to be the probem and it richened the mix too much for my liking.

Your 2nd though appears to be highly possible as the issue. I pulled the fuel filter canister even though the car has only 2 k miles, I found metal shavings inside from when the put in the sump in my stock tank. A lot of them. In addition I pulled the filter and took it apart to see what was trapped in the paper element and there was at least a teaspoon full maybe two of rust and crud in the filter. In fact the folds were well over half full of junk and I'm sure the paper itself is filled with smaller trash.

I will replace the filter and get a couple of spares to keep on hand now! That probably would have been way down on my list of things to check.

Good kills Redrum! :D

I too had nothing but kills today! Difference was, all of my kills were trailored race cars and not stock GN's! ;)

Sorry I couldn't stick around longer to help you out more, but I'm glad to hear you got it figured out. Hoefully I will be able to make it to your shop someday. It sounds like an awesome setup and your car shows the work and dedication you put into it. Beautiful car and quick as well.