Check valve needed...

GNSteve

EFI Unlimited #4
I'm running a JC alky kit. I have a problem with my alky being siphoned back into the motor via vacuum. I e-mailed Jay who said he no longer sells the kit and referred me to Dan at OGS. I e-mailed Dan and haven't received a reply yet. If Dan doesn't come through, does anyone know where I can find a check valve?
The valve in question comes after the pump and before the braided line going to the jet on the up-pipe. It's made out of brass, and is threaded on the inlet and outlet sides.
Can anyone help here? The engine will drain my tank dry in a day or two. It doesn't help that I'm running a .045" jet, either.
Chad, any info here? TIA!

Steve

er scratch that, i was thinking pcv line for some reason, its late sorry, heh

I have the JC kit that I bought through OGS, a couple of months after I bought the kit, Dan sent me the check valve as a retrofit. Keep emailing him, I had better luck calling but that was a couple of years ago. This is a brass check valve that requires spring pressure be overcome by the pump to flow into the motor (prevents siphoning by vacuum), and a positive seal to prevent boost from backflowing into the alky tank.

Mike

Company called Circle E makes them all brass for lots of applications, would prolly work for alky.

Don't know what fittings you have but the one I have here has 1/8" NPT female threads in it so you could adapt it easily to AN braided line fittings.

My part is 232B-1BP rated at 3000psi. burst.

They are in Corona, CA

If all else fails might be an alternative. :)

Thanks guys...

Mike,

Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Mine came with one, although it stopped working a while back. Don't know why it's only been giving problems recently.:confused:
Anyhow, I guess I'll keep e-mailing Dan until I get some sort of response. Calling is another option, but the time difference is killer for me. (means I have to get up *real* early)
salvageV6, thanks for the info. I'll definetly keep that in mind in case things don't work out with OGS. Thanks to all that replied! Any other ideas?

Steve

check valves

I can get you the brass check valves. They use a spring loaded steel ball as a seal, and the spring cap can be driven in farther to increase it's vacuum resistance if needed. $12.

They must have changed the pump since I had my kit. I had one of the last kits Jay made himself. The pump I had you could not suck air/fluid through. Apparently the new one you can hense why you need the valve.