Check valve before the PVC valve??

14mins

I was doing some mainance on the car and decided to pull the pvc valve to check it out. I have never seen any mention of the one way ?? check valve that is between it and the hard metal line going to the vaccum block. How is it suppose to function? I can not blow thru it, i can get compressed air thru it although i did not hit it hard with a lot of psi to see before you guys inform me.

Is it suppose to take a lot of presure to blow thru?? Do you even need it? What would happen with out it?

Thanks

x2 Theres a thread somwhere about this..also there was confusion about pcv 1126 or 1162(plastic) from auto zone i bought the metal one but havent put it in yet hopin someone will chime in...

I bought one aftermarket that was for our cars also. One end was slightly bigger. I noticed very little change in blm. Other than that it was a waste of 2 bucks. Spray them out with brake clean and put them back in, screw it.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here but, the PCV valve is basically a check valve itself. It allow "positive" pressure to leave the crankcase but does not allow it to flow back in.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here but, the PCV valve is basically a check valve itself. It allow "positive" pressure to leave the crankcase but does not allow it to flow back in.

Yes, its more or less a checkvalve . You can add a 2nd one inline as mentioned for a few $$ but it only helps if the PCV isnt working as it should. Usually from dirt, oil etc.
many suggest a Delco PCV but some have luck with parts store brands. I like Delco myself.

So, i can leave the one way valve off above the pvc valve? It takes at least 15 psi of air to get any thru the one way valve. Or do i leave it in? I would think that during regular driving it would send the blow by back thru the dog house and cut down on the amount coming from the valve covers? I would like to reduce the amount thru the valve covers or come up with a better breather system. I run Kenne Bell valve covers and my breathers will sometimes dribble a little oil on the exhaust headers if i forget to clean them ever so often.