Wrinkled Member
Look very closely.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Looks like someone did some nice work...... back in '79....... ;)

Don't think you guys are looking close enough.

How about that IFS?

This truck just returned from Ridler.

You mean IRS? Looks like a straight axle in front to me. Engine isn't symmetrical. Can't see the pass valve cover or header. Either it's a 4 cyl or it's rotated toward pass side.

You mean IRS? Looks like a straight axle in front to me. Engine isn't symmetrical. Can't see the pass valve cover or header. Either it's a 4 cyl or it's rotated toward pass side.

No... I meant IFS.

See the engine ID on the driver side valve cover?

Now look very closely at the engine right above the passenger side frame rail.

Might have to tilt your head about 40 degrees. ;)

How about the engine driven accessories usually mounted to the front of the block?

My pictures cannot provide enough detail.

I saw the 427 SOHC and figured it was rotated as I could see 8 plug wires but I can't see the IFS, just looks like a straight axle in the pic.

I saw the 427 SOHC and figured it was rotated as I could see 8 plug wires but I can't see the IFS, just looks like a straight axle in the pic.

What appears to be a solid I-Beam front axle, actually articulates at each end.

4.jpg

See the rectangular looking piece to the left of the coil spring? That is a hidden pivot.

Rack & pinion steering.

Ford 427 SOHC, 6-71 Blower, dual inline Autolite carbs. Engine is rotated 40 degrees towards passenger side to fit inside the engine compartment with the side shrouds in place. Owner built Tri-Y tubular headers that were finned & then coated to resemble cast iron pieces. Owner machined his own roller rocker arms. Engine driven accessories (including dry sump oil pump) are mounted alongside frame rail underneath the driver seat & driven by a jack-shaft assembly. Jack-shaft is driven by owner built gear drive sandwiched between engine & trans.

The amount of design, engineering & detail is impressive!

I like it.

Looks like some engineering I would do.

I wonder what the engine itself would sell for?