Check out this High School's shop

This is a local high school about 10 miles from my house. It's a magnet school to try and teach kids the automotive trade. The teacher that works there now helped us build my buddies 396 96 Z28 at the old high school, that only had two lifts.

This new shop has:

- 18 lifts!
- All BRAND NEW Snap On tools (I'm talking 10's of thousands of dollars
- Alignment rack
- Diesel shop
- Body shop with a paint booth and mixing room
- Small engine shop
- A 5 bay Marine shop
- Two classrooms and a computer lab

It is amazing, especially for a county founded school. I mean this shop has AC and is bigger then the shop at our local Chevy dealership. And it's only a year old!

Here are some pics (check out the wedgie Thanks Lauren!)

http://www.zmydust.com/dougsfastz/images/Moldoffs Shop/

I found the Buick has an oil pan gasket leak, going over there to get that and the timing chain done, then the mods will begin.

I need to take more pics.

Doug D

dude we dont wanna that guys but* now if you take some of the girls But* i am down with that, ;) nice car btw..

Originally posted by wiked87gn
dude we dont wanna that guys but* now if you take some of the girls But* i am down with that, ;) nice car btw..
?? what did he say?

Originally posted by LV GN
?? what did he say?

Running his statement through my patented "Grammar Nazi's (TM) AOL Instant Messenger and Internet Forum I-Forgot-Everything-I-Learned-In-7th-Grade Users Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation Correction and Enhancement" software, I come up with the following:

"Dude, we don't want to [see] that guy's butt. Now, if you take some [pictures] of the girl's butt, I am down with that. Nice car, by the way."

This was a relatively easy one. Sometimes I have to run the algorithm several times to get an intelligble sentence out of some of these posts. ;)

Originally posted by Mark Brokaw
Warp,

That is some funny shiznit!

'Preesh. :D I'm old school... I was taught if you're going to write a piece of correspondence, write it so you don't look like an idiot. :rolleyes:

Sadly, with the advent of IM and cell phone messaging, that's become passe. I hate being a dinosaur! :mad:

Originally posted by Warp Six

This was a relatively easy one. Sometimes I have to run the algorithm several times to get an intelligble sentence out of some of these posts. ;)

lmao...:d

Could you please run this past post through your system? I can usually decipher things pretty well, but this one kicked a circuit breaker on me....

I`m the same way until i found a girlfriend...you know we find other think to do....LOL.

I must say he is very good, but his move`s are too quick and he ran out of moves. people who us they feel when dancing are some of the best dancer "FACT".

ELVIS,...

Hmm, that one almost locked up my machine! :rolleyes: After a few tries, here's what it churned out:

I [was] the same way until I found a girlfriend. You know, we find other things to do. (Laugh Out Loud)

I must say he is very good, but his moves are too quick and he ran out of moves. People who [use their feelings] when dancing are some of the best dancers. [That is a] fact.

:D :D :D

So, what forum was this from anyway? :confused:

Doug is that South Tech in boynton? Part of the fire academy is there, actually if it is South Tech my avatar is me repelling off of the tower there.

It's nice to see somewhere they are still teaching younger generations some practical skills. My high school recently ditched the metals program and gutted the machine shop, they also took out the auto program, gutted the shop and built another weight room for the football team in there since one wasen't enough I guess. :rolleyes: (Our football team always has su*ked and will continue to do so even with the new facilites) :mad:
I think they're trying to create a world of booksmart geniouses that can't figure out how to turn a screwdriver.

Hey Vendor : Did they have you roll out a window in full gear and SCBA then rappel down? I remember that, It was like "I'm gonna do WHAT?!?!" Fun as he!l once I actually got the window. :D

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
Doug is that South Tech in boynton? Part of the fire academy is there, actually if it is South Tech my avatar is me repelling off of the tower there.

Nah it's a high school, don't know the name but it's off Jog north of Gateway in Boynton.

Doug D

Originally posted by Sleeper-6
Hey Vendor : Did they have you roll out a window in full gear and SCBA then rappel down? I remember that, It was like "I'm gonna do WHAT?!?!" Fun as he!l once I actually got the window. :D

Yep, "Heres a rope, theres a window go" "WHAT?!" but it was pretty fun, I had never repalled before and I had a lot of fun with it. One of the departments around here just got the newest Scott Airpacks that supposedly have an emergency repalling rope system built into the small of the back for those "Oh **** situations"

vendor defendor

hey vendor

I have been in the fire service for 6.5 yrs i can remember when i went to wilmington to a fire seminar for a advanced ropes and knots class for resque.

well at the end of the class i got to repell from a 75 ft ladder @ about a 50-60 degree angle.

i had fun doing it since i was the only one in the class that actually done it :)

for the class we had to repell down the side of the 5 story burn building. then hoist some air paks and misc stuff up to the roof of the building.

but the ladder truck was the most interesting part i still dunno why i said i would do it ( dumba$$) me :)