check out this flat tapet lifter

My-We4

after many years if my parts sitting and not getting assembled..(at first not getting done because I started a business and then year after year I would come up with some reason I needed some new part so I held off:rolleyes: )

well I am tired of some local SB guys saying stuff like....ya, those v6s are ok,but my v8 is the real thing....:rolleyes: .....I have some thick skin but it's over...I putting the thing together!!!

Ok,now that's done..:) on to the post...
-------------------------------------------
Melling JB-2095

OE-spec replacement hydraulic lifters for all 2.8 (1982 -93) and 3.1 (1989 -95) Chevy V-6's (except roller cams). (Also GM 3.4 V6 1993 -95 VIN 'S' and 'E') From Enginetech, interchange part numbers are HT2095 Sealed Power, JB2095 Melling, VL94 SBI, 213-1724 Dana & NAPA

the body .842,the groove +.837 = a diff. of less that .025 ??

---------------------------------------------

I got these lifters in a pile of parts the other day...they are the same in every way EXCEPT for this flat spot on the side..:confused: this made me think..:redface: I read how some notch the lifter boar to add a touch more oil to help the cam live...this should do the same,no? I am worried that it will bleed too much pressure at idle..what do you think??
I have had a 204-214 cam in a box for years but was going to get a roller.:eek: .if I must,I will get the "correct" lifters for this cam...but....:p
Thanks for looking

Those would go in the trash at my shop. As prone as these engines are to cam failures, I'd use a roller.

..thanks for the reply..i hear ya on the roller,it's not in the budget.... then the car will not go together any time soon..PLUS,this block did NOT wipe cams.(as a stock cam..).it seems some have more problems that others:smile:
Chris

I just hate being the guinne pig for oddball parts! At minium I would use GM lifters. Thats just me though. Jon Hanson

I say go for it. maybe go find a junker NA 3.8 and toss them on some cheep-o grind first to see what happens?

just a thought.

A.j.

I can't do math:redface: .....the flat is .005 :eek: ...I don't know...thats nothing... but.....
I have a while before the lifters need to drop in so I will let this stew:smile:

keep thinking....