Check out these seats...

Click on the hi-res pics, you'll see why they are cheap. I have had two sets of Corbeaus and couldn't be happier, although you'll spend $750-1200 for them.

1013FBKGY_6.jpg

Since you asked. they look cheap. The grey/black transition does not match with the upper and lower part, the horizontal lines are not horizontal and the stitching looks cheap. Not worthy of a Buick GN. JMHO :)
I would buy real Recaros or Cobreau or even Bride. I have even heard good about Flowfit.

Very good points. That's why I asked. Thanks for some honest opinions :) I don't want something that will fall apart or look cheap. I just happened to stumble across them while shopping. I'd like to find something with the black and gray that's as close to the GN gray but something a little more comfortable than the stock seats...

For a daily driver, would be cool, spill a drop of coke, no problem. With my microsuede corbeau's, when I'm working on the car and have to go in and out or under the car, I put a towel over the seat and change clothes to get in it, then change back into dirty clothes to go back to wrenching...

Yeah, mine is a daily driver and nowhere near a show car. I mean, it has nice paint, nice interior, drives great, however, the motor has almost 200,000 miles on it. The main reason I was looking at new seat is because the stock ones hurt my back. I had them recovered a couple years back and I don't think they restuffed them right. My buddy has a GN with racing seats in it (that I gave him) and they sit great with much better support.

For a daily driver, would be cool, spill a drop of coke, no problem. With my microsuede corbeau's, when I'm working on the car and have to go in and out or under the car, I put a towel over the seat and change clothes to get in it, then change back into dirty clothes to go back to wrenching...

u have one of the most beloved seats in car guy history why in the fack would u take them out. its a turbo buick u own, nnot a hoopty please dont PLEASE

u have one of the most beloved seats in car guy history why in the fack would u take them out. its a turbo buick u own, nnot a hoopty please dont PLEASE

i find factory G body bucket seats to be rather uncomfortable- and i know i'm not the only one. they were decent for a midsize commuter car 25 years ago, but they aren't very good by modern standards- especially if you weigh more than about 180 pounds and like to turn corners or go on long drives.

i find factory G body bucket seats to be rather uncomfortable- and i know i'm not the only one. they were decent for a midsize commuter car 25 years ago, but they aren't very good by modern standards- especially if you weigh more than about 180 pounds and like to turn corners or go on long drives.

I find the right side of the frame starts to dig into my ass after about 2 hours of driving. I have been debating for a while pulling the seat apart and seeing if I can change the cushion or add some foam in that area. I'm 6'4 230 lbs, I'm a big guy. Seat was made for a 5'4" guy i think.. :biggrin:

It would also be nice if they went back just a little bit further... Just sayin' :biggrin:

I'm 6'4 230 lbs, I'm a big guy. Seat was made for a 5'4" guy i think.. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I would swear the manual seats go back about 3/4 to 1 inch further back than the power seats.

Well, my GN has power seats and they go back to a certain place. My buddy has a GN with manual seats and his went to about the same place as mine. I'm close to 6 foot and he's about 6'1". They feel like they go back about the same distance. When he put racing seat in his car, they came with a bracket and he modified it to go back an extra 3 inches and he loves it. Not much room for people in the back but both our theories is that we will never have to ride back there anyway :biggrin:

I find the right side of the frame starts to dig into my ass after about 2 hours of driving. I have been debating for a while pulling the seat apart and seeing if I can change the cushion or add some foam in that area. I'm 6'4 230 lbs, I'm a big guy. Seat was made for a 5'4" guy i think.. :biggrin:

i'm 5'11, 240 and i really can't stand the stock seats in my car.. i have the 60/40 seats, and while it slides back to the perfect spot, it's like the seat was designed with the typical shrunken 80 year old Buick buyer in mind and my head is only about 2" from the ceiling. that, and the padding is really stiff so it's not the most comfortable for long hauls.. i know the buckets are a bit lower, but they just aren't comfortable for my build. if i could find another set of the factory Recaro seats i took out of an early 90's Mazda 626 to put in my Nova i'd snatch them up in a heartbeat- the upholstery was even pretty close to what's in my Buick so they wouldn't look out of place.

I have the all cloth with real foam SCAT Procar seat in the WE4, most of the reason I drive the rusted out WE4 instead of the stock seat less rusty GN. :p

The stock seats suck bigtime. :mad:

Below 30 degrees F. the foam firms up enough however. ;)

The SCAT Procar seats have a bolt in frame kit that fits G bodies, or at least they used to.