Check out my new speedometer....a few questions too...

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
6-20-09003.jpg

6-20-09002.jpg

6-20-09001.jpg

6-20-09006.jpg

I'm thinking about taking this thing apart and lubing it real good before installing it. What kind of lube would work best?

I'm also going to replace all the light bulbs for good measure when i find out which ones they are...they look like either 168's or 194's.

Something else I found was the circuit track is starting to come up where the plug in connection goes:

6-20-09004.jpg

6-20-09005.jpg

Wondering what you'd recommend to secure this with? Superglue?

Last but not least, I'm also deciding on if I want to omit the tachometer and boost since I already have an Autometer boost gauge and I can use my Scanmaster's tach if needed.

I know the n/a Regals came with a different bottom plate that didn't have the tach. Has anyone swapped one of these onto their GN/T-type's speedo assembly? I'm guessing it's a direct bolt on?

Anyways thanks in advance.

You should be able to go down to a local electronics store and find a kit to repair circuit boards. They might even have a suggestion on what type of expoxy/glue to use to secure the copper foil to the plastic piece on which it sits on. Go to this website:DeoxIT® Products . . . Which Product, Which Spray do I Use? (Radio Shack has it) and use this product to clean and improve the connections between the dash and the connector that plugs into it while you have your dash board out.

If you do replace the bulbs, use the #168's. I found out when replacing mine that the 168's have more candlepower than the 194's! lol

Thanks for the input fellas.

Check on the 168's.

I'm thinking the circuit board is glued down...???

Also wondering what lube should I use? Would white grease be good or bad? And what all besides the needle requires lube? I'm guessing there's also some gears in there that oughta be lubed?

You have a great camera to take pics that close :eek:

LOL thanks....actually it's a little tricky sometimes....I'll zoom in and push half way on the shudder button which is supposed to get the pic ready....but sometimes it'll blur up (Canon SD550 digital camera) and I'll have to keep working with it to get it right. It took me several tries to get those close ups of the circuit board.