Need Help - Speedometer Cluster

realspartan

Hi guys,

I am in desperate need of some help. I have taken everthing apart to remove the cluster but cannot seem to locate the plug that wires the tach and boost gage. I do not seem to have access and cannot follow the wires/harness either. Do I have to take apart the whole dash to find it? Where is this harness located

I want to remove the custer to repair my trip odometer, lubricate my speedo cable and install all new 168 bulbs (more brighter than 194) and the low fuel monitor.

How do I lubricate the speedo cable and what do I use? I disconnected it from the cluster. Do I have to disconnect the speedo cable near the brake fluid reservoir where the two cables meet as well and lubricate?

Please give me feedback. I have been working on this all night....

Regards,
Realspartan

The tach and boost gauge is a pigtail coming out of the rear of the speedo cluster.....it's a separate piece from the other pigtail. You can see a pic for yourself in my thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...out-my-new-speedometer-few-questions-too.html Unless you mean you're looking for the other end to plug into your tach/boost pigtail.

As far as what lube to use, I too want to know. Probably wouldn't hurt to undo the two speedo cables under hood and lube.

As far as your cable you need to take the guts out and put them in a tub of grease then re-instal it. Pain to do but it works the best unless you have a speedo luber like I do. It screws into the part at the tranny and you use a grease gun.