Check it out! New hood pads

I'm glad to see anyone provide something for a turbo buick,
our numbers are declining, and the negativity towards a new product are NOT called for!
the resident "sheriff" always casts a negative tone to most posts, so most just ignore him!
he's harmless, ( kinda like Barney Fife)
hope you succeed in getting this going.

Try Highway Stars. I always found them to be a great company to deal. They have a lot of repo parts for our cars. Very nice effort on your part.
Jeff

I am going to call around to vendors this week. Maybe they know of a place to get blanks cheeper and if I could make more the price would come down. I don't know who to call any ideas?
Highway stars and Kirbans are the 2 that come to mind. I believe Highway stars also has a GM license. GNS doesn't have a license but might point you towards someone that does.

Looks nice man. Great job. Let us know if you get them on a vendor's site or just post a link in the ebay section.

I need one! Awesome job let us know when its ready for purchase... You have an estimated cost?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Im going to post the link in the ebay section. In the mean time i will try to get in contact with some vendors and get them readily available. Until then. see the ebay section. Thanks for the compliments! Took a long time but they are here now!

Finally after a very long time and a lot of research and development, I managed to replicate the exact GM logo on factory OEM part # hood pads. The logo is put on with the same methods and materials as GM. It has been heat tested and all. Such a relief i dont have to pay $800 for on on ebay. Mine will be up there also in an effort to make these available at a more reasonable price and stop these people trying to get rich of something that was $100 10 years ago.

Enjoy!! Thanks. Let me know what you think

That looks really nice and the logo fits as the dealers replacement hood pad which has eight holes as in your photo, the factory original ones has nine holes.
Is there any way you can get the nine holes pads with the logo as the factory OEM?

Also I still have my nine holes hood pad, but when the IC pipe blew off it also made a 4" hole on the hood pad so I replaced it with the eight holes hood pad I purchased about 10 years ago. Do you know is there anyway to repair the hood pad?

That looks really nice and the logo fits as the dealers replacement hood pad which has eight holes as in your photo, the factory original ones has nine holes.
Is there any way you can get the nine holes pads with the logo as the factory OEM?

Also I still have my nine holes hood pad, but when the IC pipe blew off it also made a 4" hole on the hood pad so I replaced it with the eight holes hood pad I purchased about 10 years ago. Do you know is there anyway to repair the hood pad?

9 holes are not available anymore they were original equipment I believe and the stock GM sells is 8 . There may be a way to make it 9 hole and I can look into that also.

As for the repair, I do not think there is any way to repair it and have it look decent.

Why not just sell the lettering as a kit for owners to install on hood pads they buy, or have already bought from their local dealer?
It would save you on labor and shipping nightmares.
And probably save the end user a $100 or so.

Why not just sell the lettering as a kit for owners to install on hood pads they buy, or have already bought from their local dealer?
It would save you on labor and shipping nightmares.
And probably save the end user a $100 or so.
X2.

I would prefer to make my own also, plus people could repair their old pad with new lettering if you make it available.

X2.

I would prefer to make my own also, plus people could repair their old pad with new lettering if you make it available.

The shop making these assures me that trying to do it yourself will not come out nice. It is not a decal. It is pressed and heated on with a special machine.

I suppose you could try with an iron or hobby iron or something.

And, just letters and logo are available. PM me i want to get away from soliciting on here untill I hook up with a vendor.

Well if highway stars has the licence........and has the part number on the GM pad.............. why would they need him ???
Anyone can go get the decal made
I remember when all the vendors including ,Jay,Barb,Dennis,and Paul form Jax were all turned into GM by that Fairchild guy from C A R s only the company was called something else. ILL think of it
Everyone had to STOP making anything with a power 6 emblem.The GM police were after everyone.
thats when I quit selling my plates and Decals
Barb got her GM licence and
Highway stars has it
Dennis dropped everything from his catalog that had a logo and Jay went out of business R.I.P

From talking to the gauge vendor when I inquired about having them letter the gauges with BUICK or the power six I was told GM license cost $5000 per yr and 10% of product cost.
You can advertise a hood pad lettering kit with the letters in alphabetical order to BCIKU etc and a description of the logo; no picture.