Chech your threaded connections on a regular basis..

tallor

I have been getting some strange knock activity lately. small amounts of knock that goes away very quickly. also reviewing the pressure transduce, it shows some abnormal pressure drops/spikes. So....

i checked my threaded connections today by using the test pump to fill/pressureize the lines. i found a very small leak in one of my threaded connections (filter assembly). Since i am and always have run 100% methonal, i pulled this assemblty and will be re-do all the threaded connections and hopefully the problem goes away.

So next step is what sealer to use for 100% methonal?? I did some internet reseach and found a product called Gasoila-100. It says it is for use with 100% methonal applications. Anybody out there using this product? ordered it on line and should see it on Tues.

Also at the track yesterday for a few tuning runs. New best or the car. 11.19 @ 122MPH. Knocking on the 10 door!

Use teflon paste like the Loc-tite 567 that works really well. Also works great for head studs/bolts.

If you have tape on fittings the tape should stay white. If it discolors it has gotten wet and would need inspection. That would be an easy way to tell if there is a leak.

Thanks for the tip. always good to keep an eye on everything.