Cheap Gnx For Sale!!!

Well it is a brand new 19 year old car acording to the description and odometer. Crazy thing is he might actually get that much :eek:

I'd love to see how GM handles a warranty issue on that thing with the new buyer

Joe

GNX Guy said:
I'd love to see how GM handles a warranty issue on that thing with the new buyer

Joe

Never thought of that. I am thinking they would have to honor factory warranty, since the car was never sold or placed into service.

8t7gn said:
Hey, this is the one from the other post. I though it wasn't for sale.

Anything is for sale at the right price. Who knows what the reserve is.

Speaking of warranty when I bought my GN 3 years ago with 91K on it, I got a letter from the local Buick dealer telling me I should bring my GN in asap for warranty work. They said the brake bowl was under warranty and needed to be replaced! I almost thought about taking it there to see what they would say but I got a chuckle out of it anyways!

Back on topic.. if I had that cash I'd scoop that car right up! I hope they ran the car from time to time or I bet it's like a sprinkler system with oil! I bet it would be a blast to take that for a spin with the factory tires! :cool:

warrinty

in the vehicle description it says WARRINTY: NO. they usually olny last so many years don't they? 19 years is a long time for a warrinty

Yes, but the warranty doesn't start until the car is first titled. If it is sold, then I believe that it starts it's warranty once it gets registered for the first time.

wagon said:
Yes, but the warranty doesn't start until the car is first titled. If it is sold, then I believe that it starts it's warranty once it gets registered for the first time.

oh, that i didn't know. just never really thought of it

wagon said:
exactly. ;)

I think that we are still a few years away from seeing the GNX sell for $100,000. However stranger things have happend....It should be fun to watch the Auction.

Philly
They dont want your buick for warranty work, there is a recall on the part in question. It blows off under pressure and causes you to loose your brakes. Take it in and have it replaced.

Its worth it to me

I may bid 100k 0n it towards the end. I feel it is worth 100-110. It is museum quality. Just what I may end up giving for it. :) Sad part is it would just sit next to the other on that came from the original dealer in my storage.

justa6boston said:
Philly
They dont want your buick for warranty work, there is a recall on the part in question. It blows off under pressure and causes you to loose your brakes. Take it in and have it replaced.
My 87 has the original accumulator bowl. I wonder if they would replace it for nothing. I don't think the General has any left in inventory though.

Was the recall for the black bowl/cannister or the brake light sender? I heard the original sender was black and the replacement is grey. My car has 6300 miles and has the replacement grey sender. Ford Mo Co recently had the same problem-the diaphram splits and puts brake fluid on a hot wire for the light and has caused fires in some vehicles. Sorry to keep us off subject.

I know the switch was recalled, and I think the accumulator was, but I'm not positive. And yes, the replacement one is grey

TurboRegal84 said:
I think that we are still a few years away from seeing the GNX sell for $100,000. However stranger things have happend....It should be fun to watch the Auction.

We are not years from GNX's selling in the $100,000 range. GNX 547 just sold recently, and while the final price was not released by the previous owner or the new owner, the original owner had been asking $150,000 for it which several people offered him around that amount. Im sure that it sold for more than $100,000.