cheap 25 shot

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
I'm looking at doing a 25 shot just to help spool. I've never even priced a kit. What would a kit cost me and where is the best place to buy it?
Thanks
Steve

no help on your post as i have never run nitrous myself. I was going to back about 10 years ago but never did. anyways maybe don will chime in here

Also im sure the 25 shot wont stay at 25 :eek

Yes I'm running Alky. My own kit. Comes on at 8psi and manually adjustable. You're right. 25 may not remain 25 lol.

Take off the hooker headers...problem solved. I had some years ago and went back to stockers. Spooled faster and was quieter under the hood.

Take off the hooker headers...problem solved. I had some years ago and went back to stockers. Spooled faster and was quieter under the hood.

Totally different set up. Take a look at my sig. Just looking for some nitrous to get things rolling.:)

Oh, now I remember. Yeah you may want to find yourself a fogger nozzle and some small pills LOL!

That's what I did. I used a nitrous only fogger nozzle and used the smallest pill I could order. Placed the nozzle between alky nozzle and throttle body. Worked great.

The nitrous really helps spool up when I sprayed mine it was roughly like a 100 shot with low boost and I sprayed it into 2nd gear on C16..... the biggest problem I had was controlling the boost lol what kind of wastegate setup are you going to run?

The nitrous really helps spool up when I sprayed mine it was roughly like a 100 shot with low boost and I sprayed it into 2nd gear on C16..... the biggest problem I had was controlling the boost lol what kind of wastegate setup are you going to run?

I can spray pre throttle body but my alky is just after the tb in the intake behind the stock turbo location. I'm using a single 44mm wastegate mounted in a cross over pipe between the two exhaust banks just after the headers. I'm using a basic on off ball valve for a controller.

NX makes a good one, I had a 35 shot on my GN and went to a 75 shot, it was nasty. I loved it. I am now using it as a 150 shot on my LS1.

You can get a really cheap "Cold Fusion" or Sniper (made by NOS) kit on eBay. They are really basic, but that's all you really need for that small of a shot. Be careful, my car would make 22psi on motor and was spiking at 28psi on the 75 shot :eek:

NX makes a good one, I had a 35 shot on my GN and went to a 75 shot, it was nasty. I loved it. I am now using it as a 150 shot on my LS1.

You can get a really cheap "Cold Fusion" or Sniper (made by NOS) kit on eBay. They are really basic, but that's all you really need for that small of a shot. Be careful, my car would make 22psi on motor and was spiking at 28psi on the 75 shot :eek:

Cool thanks. Where you just spooling with the 35 shot or using it through the whole run? What #shot is too big for a stock bottom end? I know a 25 or 35 shot should be fine but what is too big?

I had mine spraying before the tb along with a alky nozzle I never really played with spraying it on pump gas though..... once I stepped up to a 100% hidden kit I ran a 100 shot and it worked VERY well.

This what you need to do when you are really ready to spray the car :p

oldintakenitrous3.jpg

Since I sold it I will post pic's now lol

Cool thanks. Where you just spooling with the 35 shot or using it through the whole run? What #shot is too big for a stock bottom end? I know a 25 or 35 shot should be fine but what is too big?

I sprayed the whole run. I broke the crank on a 75 shot but it was bc I was street racing an LS1 on the highway and I stayed in it until about 145 mph and it leaned out and detonated. 75 should be fine on a good tune.