Chat?/

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Anyone having a problem connecting to the chat room?? I've been trying since yesterday.

We're all in there laughing at you, Chuck. :D

Actually, it appears to be down. Come join the few, the lame, the have-no-life on server buick.fiendish.net, channel #buickgn.

Hey Dwayne,

No, that's the server for the IRC channel. It doesn't have a web based JAVA chat set up like #turbobuick. You'll have to download mIRC or another chat program to use it. Go here:

http://www.turbobuick.com/chat/

and follow the directions for downloading mIRC and adding a server and channel. Substitute buick.fiendish.net for chat.camaroz28.com (server) and #buickgn for #turbobuick (channel) and you'll be online.

Add the server and channel for #turbobuick while you're at it for when it comes back up. It's much better than using the JAVA (browser) version.

Yup..forgot about that. You've got time to post but not time to actually sign in, eh? We see how it is...little dress-wearing biatch! :D

That won't work for me either............prolly 'cause I'm trying to do this at work and the company firewall won't let me through.........any suggestions?

LOL I read that again this morning...That $hit is still funny...

My work firewall blocks both the JAVA based IRC clients as well as port access for things like mIRC. Probably a good thing for my productivity...though I can still post on here. :) I think you're probably out of luck.

Sorry, guys for not answering this sooner. My Grandmother died recently and I had to go out of town for a bit for the funeral, etc.

I will check into what is going on with the chat server.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Jason. Nobody's going to fall over dead for lack of IRC, but we do miss our disfunctional cyber-family.

Status report, midnight: Chat still down. I am signed on to #buickgn at the moment, drinking some nasty cheap beer to match the vibe (Icehouse, yuk!). :eek:

Thanks for the kind words.

We may be without the chat room for a bit, I still have to find out what is going on with it, haven't had a chance to talk to Frezza yet.

Yep, I miss it too. :)

Working on it!

Originally posted by JasonD
Thanks for the kind words.

We may be without the chat room for a bit, I still have to find out what is going on with it, haven't had a chance to talk to Frezza yet.

Yep, I miss it too. :)

Working on it!

Until JasonD gets the room back up, feel free to stop by #turbobuick on DALnet, or #buickGN on buick.fiendish.net.