Charlotte AutoFair-Apr 10

NCTyphoon

Okay, i got our registration letter today. We have 15 spots, & 4 trophys(1 is Best of Show)
If you'd like a spot let me know, I'm starting the list... & also I need your input on what other 3 trophy categories we want this time.
1-Monte
2- Conrad
3-Cheryl
4- 15 = open

Well if the damn snow sleet and freezing rain would stop long enough for me to put my steering column back together (and presuming nothing else breaks).....

2 obvious catagories: best TR and best non-TR, other award being some sort of "1st runner up" (?)

The list so far...
1-Monte
2-Conrad
3-Cheryl
4-Randy
5-Vernon
6-Eric
7-Pat
8-Pat
9-Brian
10-Scott Smith
11-Lee Dykes
12-Rob DB (?)
13-Larry(?)
14-Jim(?)
15-TBA(?)

Okay, so if the last 4 confirm their spot, we are filled, unless someone has to drop. I'll take an alternates list, 1st come, 1st serve. So if anyone else would like to come out, let me or Cheryl know.
Korey

Cheryl,

If anyone backs out at the last moment, I can bring two cars if needed.

Oh if anybody has any extra holy water, or even a spare cigar and rum for JoBu to ward off the demons between now and then please send them my way...

Cheryl I have tried everything from filling the radiator with holy water to hanging a chicken bone cross AND a rosary from the mirror, pouring a circle of salt around it with candles, to leaving a cigar and rum for Jo Bu, and if I could get my hands on the shroud of turin I swear I would use that as a car cover! and here are the results:

2007: 4 wheel studs shear off en route to Auto Fair
2008: Barn roof falls on it in a mini-tornado 3 weeks before BPG
2009: Gremlins in the engine harness that resulted in it shutting completely down in the middle of I-40
2009: Nasty misfire on the way back from Myrtle Beach (but at least it made it home under its own power for a change, and the irony is I did not trust it enough to make it to BPG and back that weekend
2010: who knows???

Ive got to find a short in my steering colum also shouldnt be too hard ... TTA #1397 isnt a show car but it is fast :D

Kevin with all at bad luck, you just need to sell it to me ;)

Scott a lady I know in Ohio showed me a pic of a GN the other day. I told her I knew who owned the car. I recognized the support beams in the shop & the Weld's on the front of your car. She's one of your fans :D

Oh yeah, I'll be at the Autofair too (if I get all the grass mowed that week)!

Okay I went to the Autofair meeting tonight. We are going to be in the tunnel! One BIG thing to note..WE WILL NOT BE ENTERING THROUGH GATE 7 as in the past. WE WILL BE USING GATE 2A (IN OTHER WORDS, GO TO THE LEFT WHEN YOU ENTER INTO THE SPEEDWAY, FOLLOW THE SIDE ROAD OVER TO GATE 2!

Also we'll be meeting up at Ruby Tuesday at Bruton Smith Blvd, beside McDonald's around 7-7:30 the morning of if anyone wants to cruise in together. I HIGHLY SUGGEST we try to move into the speedway around 7-7:15 if at all possible. Traffic will probably be a bit worse since there will be cars trying to figure out how to get to their spaces. We will be one of the 1st groups located in the tunnel, and it SHOULD be on the left side(bleacher side). If anyone needs to get in touch with me, my cell is 336-847-3574, or call Korey at 336-848-5713. Anyone needing their passes mailed to them, shoot me your mailing address. If anyone has to drop out, let me know ASAP so I can try to find an alternate. The list I have is posted below. See everyone in a few weeks

Cheryl

1-Monte

2-Conrad

3-Cheryl

4-Randy

5-Vernon

6-Eric

7-Pat

8-Pat

9-Brian

10-Scott Smith

11-Lee Dykes

12-Rob DB

13-Larry

14-Kevin Dehart

15-TBA :)

Kevin with all at bad luck, you just need to sell it to me ;)

Scott a lady I know in Ohio showed me a pic of a GN the other day. I told her I knew who owned the car. I recognized the support beams in the shop & the Weld's on the front of your car. She's one of your fans :D

Oh yeah, I'll be at the Autofair too (if I get all the grass mowed that week)!

:cool: thats awsome man i thought i was the only one with sick taste :D

Okay all, it's almost showtime. We'll meet up as usual at the Ruby Tuesday parking lot, beside McDonald's on Bruton Smith Blvd/Speedway Blvd Saturday morning around 7-7:15ish. The earlier the better! I'll have passes for everyone that didn't want their passes mailed. If anyone needs to get hold of me on the road, my cell is 336-847-3574, or call Korey at 336-848-5713. See yall there!

Thanks everyone for the good turnout!
Hope everyone made it home safe.
Here's the results, we'll plan a follow up meet soon

Best of Show - Vernon Swindell -87 TurboT
2nd place- Lee Dykes - 91 Syclone
3rd Place- Eric Singer- 85 GN
Most Improved-Pat Broughton - 91 Syclone

Eric was also the winner of the unofficial "Real Men of Genius" award: Couple of Einsteins were staring under the hood of his car pointing to where the intercooler would be and proclaim: "This one isn't a turbo car because that's where it would be" :rolleyes:

Eric was also the winner of the unofficial "Real Men of Genius" award: Couple of Einsteins were staring under the hood of his car pointing to where the intercooler would be and proclaim: "This one isn't a turbo car because that's where it would be" :rolleyes:
No Kevin,
I think you should have that award since your car is about a 1975 model :) Gotta love the comments by passerby's

Where are the pics? Please.......:confused:

Here ya go

042.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg