Charcoal canister relocation kit

ikle

Does anyone know where I can get a kit, I remember seeing a kit a while back that relocated it near the vacuum ball. Thanks, Kyle.

Ive seen the kit for charcoal canister relocation at wal-mart. One can be had for about $17

dy3977.jpg

On a serious note though if you want to not tinker around with removing stuff I believe ATR made a kit a long time ago...Looks like it was just 2 hose clamps with a bracket. Just get some big hose clamps and clamp it somewhere more appealing to you.

I have a new ATR relocation kit if you want, but just remove the dang thing and be sure to leave the hose open or it'll cause fuel delivery issues. That is the tank vent. Might want to use a fuel filter on the end of it to keep debris out of the line. I usually just leave it open and haven't had an issue in many many years of building these cars.

If you want to keep it just mount it on the frame rail. Was thinking about taking mine off the car when I did my recent plumbing job on the vacuum lines but kept it for now. Not sure about the fumes deal. Could that be solved by just putting on a vented gas cap? Haven't been able to find one.

If you want to keep it just mount it on the frame rail. Was thinking about taking mine off the car when I did my recent plumbing job on the vacuum lines but kept it for now. Not sure about the fumes deal. Could that be solved by just putting on a vented gas cap? Haven't been able to find one.

I'd just remove it and put a carb style fuel filter over the hardline to keep debris from being introduced into the system,also if this is a chip car leave the sensor plugged in to keep the ses light off.
-Dan

I'd just remove it and put a carb style fuel filter over the hardline to keep debris from being introduced into the system,also if this is a chip car leave the sensor plugged in to keep the ses light off.
-Dan

Won't it set a light because the electrical connector will be disconnected????

Took mine completely out put a small filter on line, and routed it out of the engine bay, the plug is not plugged In and I have no ses light

By removing the canister is there any issues with fuel odor, my car sits in a attached garage with the bedrooms above it.

By removing the canister is there any issues with fuel odor, my car sits in a attached garage with the bedrooms above it.

Every Gn Ive rode in that didnt have one, including mine was still no where close to a carbed car in relation to fuel scent.

Simply remove the solenoid from the top of the charcoal canister plug it in and tuck it away out of site...no light...

I have mine removed completely, and the connector not plugged into anything, and no SES light. Running a TT chip here.

Nick

Very interesting thread. Why have you all removed yours? Was it for extra space or just not needed?