Changing the turbo drain location

ajsgn

Hello, Just wondering has anyone ever changed the turbo drain from the top of the factory block to the oil pan. :rolleyes:Wondering if not dumping all that oil on the lifter valley will help or is that how the top of the factory block gets lubricated?

I have mine in the pan

I highly doubt if any of the return oil from turbo gets to the timing gears as the eng. sits at an angle--oil should drain toward back of block. It would lube cam amd lifters but a non turbo car does not have that oil. When putting return in pan it MUST be just under the pan rail. I welded 2 1 in. pipe couplings in line to get enough length to reach inside pan and be long enough to extend outward for a NPT to hose adapter. It will need to be cut off flush inside pan to clear rotating parts. Also be sure and locate it where you can get to fitting and pan bolts. A 10AN return is the prefered size.

I was planning on plugging the factory return on the block and welding a -8 or -10 bung on the pan to run a braided line down there. I just assumed it would be the ideal location as the intake gasket on our cars goes from head to head to prevent the oil from landing on the rotating assembly, robbing you of some extra horses. I was just wondering if anyone had experimented with that and what kind of results they had.