Changing intake gaskets???

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Anyone have experience changing out the intake gasket? Any tips or suggestions you can offer???

TIA

I prefer to pull engine and do it on a stand. I can have the engine go from running to on stand in maybe 3.5 hours.

tips :

get the gm aluminum updated gaskets and do it once , spray intake area down with simple green/purple power etc... beforehand and rinse until all the area you will be working in is reasonably clean so you can see what your doing well - especially down in the injector bore area so crud doesn't end up falling down in the bores , replace the coolant elbows while your at it , leave the tb bolted right onto the sc , also leave the injectors attached to the fuel rail so you don't risk loosing any clips , leave the fuel rails attached to the fuel lines and just lay them with injectors over onto the cowl , get new o rings for the injectors and use Vaseline to lube them before pushing them into the injector bores , be careful of the plastic injector tips they get very brittle and prone to cracking , don't forget to buy sc gaskets & o rings also since it needs to be removed to get at all the intake bolts , there are a couple hidden bolts - I forget if its 2 or 4 been a while , make sure to get thread sealant for the bolts that protrude into coolant jackets , procure proper torque specs for re install , maybe someone reading this will have them handy. approx. 4 hour job if you have everything and clean ahead of time , some have done it in 2 or 3 but they must be pretty darn well rehearsed lol