Changing Anti-freeze?

XFactor

Never changed/flushed anti-freeze in my Buick (or any other car for that matter). Can anyone give me a step-by-step procedure?

I know it's a simple task, but want to be sure.

Is there a kit out there that gets all the old/dirty fluid including the engine?

someone better than i can tell you the process, however i can tell you to use distilled water. it has all the metals found in every other kind of water taken out by distillation. this will help reduce the buld up in your cooling system. just pick some up at your super market, and make sure it says distilled water. around 50 cent a gal.;)

Go to the auto parts store, they have coolant flushing kits for around $7. It just consists of a T that you connect to one of your heater hoses and to a garden hose. It will flush your entire coolant in a few minutes. Just follow the instructions on the back of the package.

Distilled Water

DON'T put distilled water in the engine, without some additives. THere are folks who recommend specific ones, but I don't want to get into that. Just want to point out that PURE distilled water is extremely corrosive. It won't have any dissolved solids in it when you buy it, but it will sure find them as soon as you put in that engine! You need something with corrosion inhibitor, water pump lube, a "wetting agent" to improve heat transfer--

Nick, many of us use distilled water with RMI25. Distilled water helps the cooling somewhat & the RMI25 consists of a lubricant for the waterpump too.