Champion vs Ta performance heads

bluezone

I have been searching on the forum for a discussion on these heads can someone please direct me in the right direction...

TA gets my vote for a few reasons:

1) Customer service

2) casting thickness

We ordered a set of heads and were told by TA that they were on back order and will probably ship in a month. Three weeks later, they called and said they are on thier way. (and they REALLY were)

Champion said that it would take 2 weeks to fix two different sets of cracked heads. (one for each set, so two heads). 5 months later no cylinder heads. At one point we were given a UPS tracking number after they said they had been shipped. BOGUS tracking number. Continuously told they were shipping "tomarrow", "Next Friday"...ect. Tom DID get the heads fixed, one by welding (and it was done VERY nice), the other by replacement at an OK price. This is not a bone to pick, just actual experiences. The customers were the ones that dealt with Champion, not me.

The head studs that came with the TA heads were a little too long for my combination (StageII on center) requiring two bolts instead of studs under the rocker pedistals. Nothing ever seems to work perfectly on a race car part, though.

Customer service is what makes me a loyal customer. I understand that times get busy and we ALL get bogged down from time to time. Just tell me the TRUTH......"Look, man...I'm SWAMPED and don't know when I will get to it. If it's gonna take longer than (X), I'll call you let you you know HONESTLY when I can get to it."

As far as performance goes, not alot of difference in performance level. Both sets will make alot of power, even more when ported correctly.