Champion ported irons

c55asleep

Hello, I recently got my motor built but noticed the ported heads that were purchased from champion have the casting number 6293.. Has anyone else purchased a set from them expecting ported 8445 and recieved these?? Thanks

Do the heads have Champion heads name machined into them or were you told they were champions?

Do the heads have Champion heads name machined into them or were you told they were champions?

They do have the champion name stamped on them just found it odd they would use 6293 instead of 8445. I've read they are the same besides the water jacket but I'm not sure

The 293 heads are the same except for the bridged water passages front and rear that seem to help head gasket leaks in that area. They should perform the same.

The 293 heads are the same except for the bridged water passages front and rear that seem to help head gasket leaks in that area. They should perform the same.

Ok thanks.. Still not comfortable about it but too late now lol.

since when did champion stamp the heads , they should be cnc milled and engraved just below the valve cover edge above the exh ports

about half the ones I have seen are bridged and if they are they are the same.

Thanks Mike. There was a couple of discrepancies with this build so this got my attention as well. I bought arp head studs from you 123-4003 the builder said they were wrong and had to use the arp bolts instead.. So either the block is different or the heads. But I guess the heads aren't the issue