Champion intake stock fuel lines...

Nero328

I just bought a Champion intake (upgraded casting not the stock intake ported) and I ordered the stock style regulator fuel rails. I am going to use the stock fuel lines for break in. Now before I get completely roasted for using stock lines please hear me out. I am just trying to do a few things at a time here and after spending as much money as I have on this new motor I am trying to get it back together and running for the break in.

The problem I have is the fitting on the feed side (passenger side) of the rail I have searched this site for days on end trying to find the right fitting and I know someone else has already done this so there has to be one out there but I just can't find it! I tried to call Champion several times with no answer...tried email, no answer.

Has anyone done this and of so where did you get the fitting? I believe what I need is a -08 ORB male X 1.5 16mm Saginaw female...but I am pulling my hair out. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Getting it together but missing one very critical fitting! I am so frustrated with the search and hope that someone can point me to it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
call cottons and see if he can help , they sometimes have that fitting from upgrades

Back when I did mine, I believe I called Champion and they sold the fitting. But I decided to run braided line at the engine and connect to the original hard lines at the frame. The Champion intake is taller and I didn't feel like bending those dang original lines, what a pain they are.

Last edited:
he needs a fitting to attach the stock steel fuel feed line which has a male M16x 1.5 saginaw end ... to go into the champion passenger side fuel rail which would be -8 straight oring (aka -8 ORB)
so he needs a M16 1.5 saginaw female x -8 straight oring male

dont know why he posted a pic showing driver side rail

he needs a fitting to attach the stock steel fuel feed line which has a male M16x 1.5 saginaw end ... to go into the champion passenger side fuel rail which would be -8 straight oring (aka -8 ORB)
so he needs a M16 1.5 saginaw female x -8 straight oring male

dont know why he posted a pic showing driver side rail
Sorry for the confusion on the picture, I loaded it from my phone and evidently loaded the wrong picture...here is the passenger side for reference. "Pacecarta" is correct, that's exaclty what I need. I would buy it from Champion in a heartbeat if I could get them to answer the phone, I'll try again today. The other website "anplumbing" looks promising. I will call them today. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Racetronix has all those fittings are their website. That's where I got mine for my Champion Intake.

Are you guys sure this is the correct fitting? Wouldn't he need a MALE -8 oring end and the Saginaw end would be FEMALE?

Looks like the Racetronix fitting is the same as the one I linked to at summit.

Here are the specs.
Fitting Size 1:-8 AN
Fitting Attachment 1:Male threads
Fitting Size 2:16mm x 1.5 O-ring
Fitting Attachment 2:Female threads
Fitting Angle:Straight

The racetronix pic isn't showing the oring installed, but is clearanced for it, and typically o ring fittings aren't flared like that, but it should work if the rail is threaded for an oring connector. If not, cut the flare off with a vise and cutoff wheel.

If all you are trying to do is get it fired up, use a 3/8" hose barb fitting and slide the B-nut on the stock line back and connect with a section of EFI rated hose and double clamp both sides. The stock lines do not line up with out some tweaking. This solution will solve both issues you are/will have.
Can't believe you can't get through to Champion. You must be the only one! :D

If all you are trying to do is get it fired up, use a 3/8" hose barb fitting and slide the B-nut on the stock line back and connect with a section of EFI rated hose and double clamp both sides. The stock lines do not line up with out some tweaking. This solution will solve both issues you are/will have.
Can't believe you can't get through to Champion. You must be the only one! :D
LoL...yeah, I know I am not the only one. Too bad they are so damn hard to do business with, the make great equipment but it's almost not worth messing with.