Champion intake question...

Slo86GN

The Nightstalker
Just wondering if the Champion intake will work with the 8445 iron heads, or is it a Champion head-specific piece? My 8445's have a very nice port job, both intake and exhaust sides, so they flow much better than stock. I looked at a Champion lower the other day at SE Turbo and like the injector location much better than what the stocker has. I just need to know if they will bolt up without any major alignment issues (port, water jacket, bolt holes, etc). If it won't work, guess the stocker will have to get hogged out and egr cut/welded up......lol.

Yes, the Champion intake willl fit on iron heads. Check the fit as you may have to do some machining.

Thanks for the info Nick......I fgured it would bolt up to the irons, but better to ask ahead of time. The machine work that might be needed.....that's on the intake/head mating surfaces so that the intake will line up to the ports like a stock intake? Seen that done on a few SBF engines....mill the mating surface down just slightly to correct for misalignment. Looks like I know what my next purchase will be......dang gray money pit....lol.

also can you use the stock fuel feed and return lines

What exactly is the benifit of the champion intake? What is the difference between it and stock?

also can you use the stock fuel feed and return lines

If this is the new GN1 intake...No. They will need to be fabricated to fit. You may also run into a problem where the wiper arms hit the plug wires on the coil pack.

What exactly is the benifit of the champion intake? What is the difference between it and stock?

Looks to me the runners have been straighten and equallized to the same length that in it self makes a huge difference, also plenum volume front and rear has been change for even air distrubtion, doubt you will have to use a power plate with their new doghouse since the stocker was a big problem with air distrubtion.