Champion head specs (TTA not GN)

Scott89TTA

Trying to get some specs for the Champion P&P big valve heads for TTA not GN. How many CC's are stock TTA heads and if they are different after being worked by Champion what are the new numbers? I need to calculate compression for a possible build. I think the TTA compression is around 8.1:1 or 8.3:1...is there a particular range I want to stay in...is 8.5:1 or a little higher going to be a problem?

I Sent Champion a message and called...only got answering machine and message said the box was full so couldn't even leave a message?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott are these the heads you got from me? If so I probably have the cc size wrote down for these particular heads.

Hey Michael, yes they are...that would be awesome! Please send me any info you have on them...if you have a sheet from Champion that would really be nice. I'm finally getting around to doing something with them :)

Factory stock compression is 8.0:1 to get around having to recertify EPA/emissions etc. and they (read Buick) used the production GN pistons but with 0.040 deeper disc (7cc's deeper) ... this all brought down the compression from 8.5:1 to the required 8.0:1 for the TTA.

Factory stock compression is 8.0:1 to get around having to recertify EPA/emissions etc. and they (read Buick) used the production GN pistons but with 0.040 deeper disc (7cc's deeper) ... this all brought down the compression from 8.5:1 to the required 8.0:1 for the TTA.

Thanks Jan!

Thanks Jan![/quot
Scott, Champion does not send any information with heads when they rework them. I am pretty sure the head you got from me were the original TTA heads not the one off the front wheel drive vehicles. I don't remember the casting numbers but I am sure you know what I am talking about. Those heads should have the flat intake valves. If so we measured them to be 37.50 cc's. Smaller combustion chamber came from shaving and differet valves. Hope this helps.

Michael

yeah if I recall they were TTA original casting heads...when I get a chance I'll check the valves.

Thanks bud!

here are some pictures of the stock TT/A head part number 25536702 vs the other similar FWD head part number 25527515 that I have which were ported by champion. Notice the spark plug angle is different. Other than that they seem identical. The combustion chamber was enlargened around the valves and spark plug. The intake valve is flat instead of concave.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 218
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 176
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 193
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 214
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 180
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 185
more pics

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 165
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 168
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 167
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 187
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 173
here are some pictures of the stock TT/A head part number 25536702 vs the other similar FWD head part number 25527515 that I have which were ported by champion. Notice the spark plug angle is different. Other than that they seem identical. The combustion chamber was enlargened around the valves and spark plug. The intake valve is flat instead of concave.

Thanks for the pics...both of my sets one stock and one Champion ported are original TTA 25536702 casting.

Michael...do you remember what springs are installed on your old Champion ported heads? Where you running a roller or flat tappet cam?

Thanks,

That's news to me I thought those heads were identical ... how much is the spark plug angle difference and would it actually affect anything (good or bad) you think?

I got a set of the 515 heads I picked up new to keep as spare but now I'm not sure if they are useful or not?

Michael...do you remember what springs are installed on your old Champion ported heads? Where you running a roller or flat tappet cam?

Thanks,
Scott can not find receipt for springs but I can tell that they were 91lbs on the seat and 229 @ .450 open. Jan is right on the 41cc for stock head. The heads you have we physically measure after modifications at 37.5. That is an average of all 6 combustion chambers. I was running a flat 212-212 flat tappet cam with those heads. We were not sure if the stock rocker arms would handle the spring pressures assoiciated with roller cam. Let me know what length push rods you need I might have a set of manleys. I have two or three sets here different lengths.

Michael

Scott can not find receipt for springs but I can tell that they were 91lbs on the seat and 229 @ .450 open. Jan is right on the 41cc for stock head. The heads you have we physically measure after modifications at 37.5. That is an average of all 6 combustion chambers. I was running a flat 212-212 flat tappet cam with those heads. We were not sure if the stock rocker arms would handle the spring pressures assoiciated with roller cam. Let me know what length push rods you need I might have a set of manleys. I have two or three sets here different lengths.

Michael

That's good to know...putting together a new forged motor that will get the Champion ported heads (stock motor is going on the stand for safe keeping) along with a pretty big roller cam and a set of Harlan Sharp roller rockers that I purchased from JD a couple years back. He also gave me the push rods and roller lifters he used. Just trying to round up parts now and figure everything out :)

Thanks!

Oh. Ok didn't know if u went larger than stock 1.65
I went 1.7 Harlands

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app