Challenger drag pack available

Weight reduced by 1,000 pounds by removing major components and systems

Let's hope they can beat Mustang on the weight. Ford also, from what I've learned offers a stripped down Mustang with a supercharged 5.4 liter for racing purposes.

Pics from last year in Denver at Mopar Nationals. AWESOME looking car.

Attachments

• P1010066.jpg
    P1010066.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 754
  • P1010067.jpg
    P1010067.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 321
  • P1010068.jpg
    P1010068.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 318
  • P1010078.jpg
    P1010078.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,099
  • P1010079.jpg
    P1010079.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 639
When we talked to the reps there, they said the car shows up as shown minus the gearset. You get to choose that. It will start but will not go. They said it is an "empty" diff housing in regards to ring and pinion.

Ford did this with the new Cobra Jet Mustangs.. Think only 50 were made:rolleyes:. Strickly a race car like the Dodge. Sure would be great to see the Ford, Chevy and Dodge back in the racing scene :cool:
...I was just in Florida for the NMRA event and they had one there.. FI no carb.. Neat car BUT basically unobtainable :rolleyes:

Attachments

• CJ 6.jpg
    CJ 6.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 275
The Dodge: Diff housing is there... no gear set. It had the spool but no ring and pinion. Ford, I can't say, never saw one or talked to a rep. :)

the Ford CJs are done "race" cars for what I have scene.. NO VIN #s... wonder if BamaGM is goin to sumthing with the Camaro :rolleyes:

If you open the link on the Dodge Drag Pack you will see it is shipped with a "transport axle and wheels"
I have seen one fresh from Mopar, the wiring harness comes in a box in the trunk, there was no rear axle, only stub axles and tires / wheels

Just a few more tidbits on the Challenger drag pak cars.

Don Garlits got 001 free from Dodge.....he has already run in the 10 second range with his car.

You can't license them for the street

Figure yo got to put another 40 grand into them to make them competitive.

They are super lite weight.

If you attend the GS Nats next month in Bowling Green Don Garlits wil be there and is bringing his 001 Drag Pak Challenger.

I have in my office at home signed by Don the front struts, rear springs and 3 of the wheels and tires off his drag pak Challenger with photos proving he signed them. I had a 4th wheel and tire and sold it.

I am told Chrysler sold out of the 100 and is making 100 available for 2010 models.

I may sell 2 of the tires and wheels...not sure...besides signature of Don they say 001.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Just a few more tidbits on the Challenger drag pak cars.

Don Garlits got 001 free from Dodge.....he has already run in the 10 second range with his car.

You can't license them for the street

Figure yo got to put another 40 grand into them to make them competitive.

They are super lite weight.

If you attend the GS Nats next month in Bowling Green Don Garlits wil be there and is bringing his 001 Drag Pak Challenger.

I have in my office at home signed by Don the front struts, rear springs and 3 of the wheels and tires off his drag pak Challenger with photos proving he signed them. I had a 4th wheel and tire and sold it.

I am told Chrysler sold out of the 100 and is making 100 available for 2010 models.

I may sell 2 of the tires and wheels...not sure...besides signature of Don they say 001.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

So is he parting it out Dennis? LOL See ya in BG

So is he parting it out Dennis? LOL See ya in BG

No I was at his place in Ocala i November...the wheels and tires where black steel wheels and regular tires, the suspension was the good srt suspension bilsteins which he changed. He is not particular about keeping the original parts so he put them up for sale.

I bought them all, also bought the bent tailgate of his dodge dually which reads big daddy which he signed for me.

Also bought over 100 of the pistons and rods from his top fuel dragsters all signed by him.

I am confident the parts off his 001 drag pak car will be worth money in years to come.

Course now having a 10 second quarter mile car he gets to see more scenery than in his top fuel dragsters from 5-8 years ago! A little slower ride. Its hard to fathom in 50 plus years of racing how many times he has raced in the quarter mile.

If you are familar with the Hemi cars I also had Don sign about 25 of the plastic caps that cover the front strut assemblies.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

That's a cool package, Dodge is blowing away GM on the styling I think. They had a twin turbo setup on Horsepower TV last week, bolt on twin turbos by Hellion, with 5# of boost on the stock 6.1 it makes 510rwhp!! Makes me want to get rid of some cars and go buy one :) Not the GN of course.....and here comes Ty :biggrin:

It sure does look cool. To bad Mopars are junk.:eek: Always have been and always will be. :biggrin:

No I was at his place in Ocala i November...the wheels and tires where black steel wheels and regular tires, the suspension was the good srt suspension bilsteins which he changed. He is not particular about keeping the original parts so he put them up for sale.

I bought them all, also bought the bent tailgate of his dodge dually which reads big daddy which he signed for me.

Also bought over 100 of the pistons and rods from his top fuel dragsters all signed by him.

I am confident the parts off his 001 drag pak car will be worth money in years to come.

Course now having a 10 second quarter mile car he gets to see more scenery than in his top fuel dragsters from 5-8 years ago! A little slower ride. Its hard to fathom in 50 plus years of racing how many times he has raced in the quarter mile.

If you are familar with the Hemi cars I also had Don sign about 25 of the plastic caps that cover the front strut assemblies.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I wasn't serious about him parting it, I am sure those items will bring huge $$